Henri Saivet (now a free agent)

lovejoy

If we're signing two centre-midfielders in the form of this guy and Shelvey, I'm happy to see they're identifying the weakest area of the side. But I've read several concerning things that infer we'd be playing this guy out of position right from the off. :lol:

If we're signing two centre-midfielders in the form of this guy and Shelvey, I'm happy to see they're identifying the weakest area of the side. But I've read several concerning things that infer we'd be playing this guy out of position right from the off. :lol:

ive read the opposite mind, and that he's played a lot more centre mid than out wide, english journo who covers french footy on twitter reckons he's a a player, and a centre mid one at that.

Guest Roger Kint

Does he play central midfield nowadays? Used to be a forward/winger type from what i remember of FM...

As has been said countless times on here he plays CM and sometimes AM for the past 18 months or whatever it is. Mandoon posted his positional stats yesterday

I don't know much about Saviet but if the reports are true with him and Shelvey, a strong, athletic defensive midfielder and a driving box to box player could be exactly what we need.

It sounds too good to be true though.

He is a winger.

In fact, Thauvin is not a winger, his prime position is attacking midfielder.

According to Transfermarkt.com this season he's played:

19 times as CM

2 times as ACM

2 times as RM

2 times as RW

1 times as LW

Don't know how reliable this site is, and they only have little potition data from 14/15 for Saivet.

Haven't seen him play so I have no idea what he could bring to the team.

Guest Roger Kint

This is him this season, stats wise at least.

http://i.imgur.com/e9GymdM.png

Seems his best stuff is in CM. I've no idea if he's any good like, but I reckon he primarily plays as a CM now

He is a winger.

In fact, Thauvin is not a winger, his prime position is attacking midfielder.

According to Transfermarkt.com this season he's played:

19 times as CM

2 times as ACM

2 times as RM

2 times as RW

1 times as LW

Don't know how reliable this site is, and they only have little potition data from 14/15 for Saivet.

Haven't seen him play so I have no idea what he could bring to the team.

Right, thanks for the update.  My knowledge re Saivet, a few years ago, is a pacy winger or forward who loves to beat opponent with pace.

There's no way we are signing him and Shelvey for CM. This lad is probably the fall back for Shelvey. Or if we sign both then he will get put out wide because there is zero chance of Colback being dropped.

feel like i've already seen this post...

There's no way we are signing him and Shelvey for CM. This lad is probably the fall back for Shelvey. Or if we sign both then he will get put out wide because there is zero chance of Colback being dropped.

Tiote wants away this month apparently so Shelvey will take over from him alongside JC. Saivet will be the backup option when Gouffran departs too.

Whoscored reckons his best attributes are tackling, aerial strength, defensive contribution and holding onto the ball. Sounds like a Tiote replccement if you look solely at that.

Based on the little Dennis Wise scouting I did he didn't look particularly imposing physically. Based on his wiki he's smaller than Colback too.

Whoscored reckons his best attributes are tackling, aerial strength, defensive contribution and holding onto the ball. Sounds like a Tiote replccement if you look solely at that.

Based on the little Dennis Wise scouting I did he didn't look particularly imposing physically. Based on his wiki he's smaller than Colback too.

:lol: fucking hell

Same height aren't they?  Wiki says they're both 5 foot 9 (1.75 meters) anyway.  Difference is Saivet doesn't have the physique of a small boy.