Your Newcastle United player of the season 18/19

mighty__mag
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought long and hard about this one, and although a few stand out Rondon, Ayoze, I have to go with Schär.

He's great on the ball while also scoring some vital goals, and a worldie against Burnley.

His defensive game is solid and equally his attacking style and confidence to run with the ball is almost Phillipe Albert esque.

He's been awesome.

2nd.Rondon

3rd.Ayoze

• 3 weeks later...

Rondon for me, his direct and indirect impact on games has been the difference in staying up and going down

Schar's had great spells, as has Perez. Longstaff was great for the entire time he played, but unfortunately this was too short a period.

Dubravka has generally been solid but had an iffy few weeks

Haydon probably comes closest to Rondon for me, but again only half a season

Rondon, no doubt about it. Without him we would have probably been relegated.

Notable mentions to Perez and Ritchie for how they have ended the season, Schar has been great at times but he fundamentally is not very good at defending and gets away with it more often than not in a back three. Great for Longstaff to make a breakthrough and really looking forward to seeing him next season. Hayden has also been very good against the backdrop of that awful red card and his difficult personal circumstances. Almiron also transformed the way the front three operate and really made a difference.

So much to build on, but it all falls apart without Rafa.

Went with Schar, but could either have been him, Rondon or Perez, all have equally been as effective, Rondon has changed our attacking play, we need to keep him. Perez has been a class above since January, but was relatively poor at the start of the season.

Hayden potentially, been solid, and has come on a long way, and has done a commendable job given his circumstances. Just had a few iffy moments at the start of the season.

Dubravka is probably out best all round keeper since Given. Had one or two dodgy moments but been solid as a rock generally.

Ritchie has been solid at left wing back, in a position he's never played before, is crossing is always a weapon and you can never question his commitment, just had a poor patch of form from January to March.

Lejeune is easily our best defender imo, just a shame about the injuries at either ends of the season.

Longstaff, probably our best CM in a breakout year, this end of season would have been perfect for his development. I hate Snodgrass.