Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Just patronising commentary generally, you get it in a lot of Premier League games. Usually involving Spurs actually. :lol:

I couldn't believe how much they were making it sound like we were some plucky little side when we went to WHL, and we'd dared to defy Barcelona Globetrotters.

Guest KeithKettleborough

Not sure if its been mentioned earlier in the thread but was reminded of one of my pet hates during the mackems thrashing. Its the cheers that encourage the team to start taking the P when we are a few goals up. Often kills the game and usually allows us to take our foot off the pedal. Happened at that game and instead of a possible 7 or 8 goal victory etc and something even more legendary, all it did was let them off a little and of course they even scored.

Having fun by cheering sideways and backward passing may be funny but makes more sense to encourage the team to keep scoring. Sometimes goal difference etc is vital and recent history shows it is important. Would have got more pleasure for a much longer period and more fun out of Toon 8 Mackems 0 than a load of cheering when we passed the ball.

Morten Gamst Pedersen.

He just seems like a total twat, and I hate the way he plays.

He's got a Paul Cuntington hairstyle, that's what does it for me.

His "hand of god"-goal against us is what does it for me. Little cunt.

Guest Chubby Jason

The way Andy Gray says the word "no".

The way he chuckles to himself at things are not amusing in the slightest. Paul Scholes repeatedly fouling people last night was a case in point, what the fuck is so funny about it?

Surely people brought up where its normally 30 degrees are allowed to feel the cold? :idiot2:

On the other hand, after 5 years in British climate surely Adebayor would've acclimatised somewhat?

Its In the blood. I'd never get used to the heat :|

Surely people brought up where its normally 30 degrees are allowed to feel the cold? :idiot2:

Aye but how long before they start brining a portable radiator/heater on the pitch.

If Qatar win the world cup bid the stadiums and pitches are going to have coolers so they players don't need to play in daft temperatures.

When Motd highlight yellow cards and substitutes. You know instantly the yellow card will lead to a second yellow and the sub will score.

Or the focus on a certain player just before a set piece.

I dunno if it's a pet hate of mine but...yesterday on MOTD on our game the commentator said something along the lines of 'Newcastle saved by the bar.'  Erm...the player missed the goal (or the net at least)  we weren't saved by anything, if you can't avoid the posts and bar you don't deserve to score.