Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

It's a competitive game, man! The men are being paid to do all they can to win for the badge on the front of their shirt. Like most people, I have different values in my everyday life then I do on the court/pitch. I'm generally a ruthless man in the field of play.

dangerous man :lol:

Its fucking cheating, do you really want the game to end up where there is no contact ?

• 2 weeks later...

It's a competitive game, man! The men are being paid to do all they can to win for the badge on the front of their shirt. Like most people, I have different values in my everyday life then I do on the court/pitch. I'm generally a ruthless man in the field of play.

Its f***ing cheating, do you really want the game to end up where there is no contact ?

People need to make up their minds. Half of people are crying about contact being taken away from the game and the other half are crying about all the bad tackles we have been seeing lately. Diving isn't different from any other foul. If the referee correctly identifies it, then your team is put at a disadvantage. If the referee fails to identify it, your team is put at an advantage. Nature of the game.

Anyway, my major pet hate right now is the length of time between the Man City De Jong/Ben Arfa/Atkinson debacle and our next match. It just feels like all that negative energy has been festering around the club for a long time now. It was the worst time for us to have an international break. Instead of looking forward to the next match, it feels like the club has been staring into the abyss.

Its f***ing cheating, do you really want the game to end up where there is no contact ?

People need to make up their minds. Half of people are crying about contact being taken away from the game and the other half are crying about all the bad tackles we have been seeing lately. Diving isn't different from any other foul. If the referee correctly identifies it, then your team is put at a disadvantage. If the referee fails to identify it, your team is put at an advantage. Nature of the game.

Anyway, my major pet hate right now is the length of time between the Man City De Jong/Ben Arfa/Atkinson debacle and our next match. It just feels like all that negative energy has been festering around the club for a long time now. It was the worst time for us to have an international break. Instead of looking forward to the next match, it feels like the club has been staring into the abyss.

Massive difference between a twat like De Jong hoofing somone and some little twerp like Nani diving.

Don't quite understand the problem with wanting to stop diving and wanting to stop dangerous play. Both are problems for the game.

I want to see clean, technical tackling... and shoulder to shoulder... I just don't want to see two-footed leg breakers.

Don't quite understand the problem with wanting to stop diving and wanting to stop dangerous play. Both are problems for the game.

I want to see clean, technical tackling... and shoulder to shoulder... I just don't want to see two-footed leg breakers.

Exactly,

i dont want to see players flying through the air when they get a hand on the back.  I dont want to see massive crunches and players having their careers ruined by luntics on the pitch.

Common sense in the last 3 posts. There's a difference between a fantastic sliding tackle and breaking someone's legs. You don't lose the first by cracking down on the latter. You just need players to be coached how to tackle properly, and reprimand the cunts that do it on purpose like De Jong.

Same with diving, reprimand them so there's actually a reason for them to stop. Baba's had it right in the past that you're at a disadvantage if you don't dive these days. But that doesn't make it right. It still needs to be kicked out of the game.

Common sense in the last 3 posts. There's a difference between a fantastic sliding tackle and breaking someone's legs. You don't lose the first by cracking down on the latter. You just need players to be coached how to tackle properly, and reprimand the cunts that do it on purpose like De Jong.

Same with diving, reprimand them so there's actually a reason for them to stop. Baba's had it right in the past that you're at a disadvantage if you don't dive these days. But that doesn't make it right. It still needs to be kicked out of the game.

I think we're at the point where we need a weekly video review panel to punish dangerous play and divers retrospectively.

I think we're at the point where we need a weekly video review panel to punish dangerous play and divers retrospectively.

What about straight red cards for diving? The other team won't benefit at all from Ashley Young getting a one match ban and a telling off.

I know, I know - it still relies on referees getting it right but if a player knows any attempt to con the ref puts himself in jeopardy of getting sent off, I don't think he'd attempt it in the first place.

I think the problem with the straight red for any offence is that it makes the referees much less likely to call it. You already see that with lack of sending off for 'last man' fouls.

You might be right on the extra deterrent though, I'm not sure what would happen there.

I would like to see far more yellows given for sure, but it is very difficult to pick up on in real time, and refs are reluctant to accuse people of cheating, for obvious reasons.

I know the other team doesn't benefit immediately from retrospective punishment , but in the long run everyone will benefit from cleaning up the game.

Will also have a "name and shame" aspect that might be a deterrent.

What about straight red cards for diving? The other team won't benefit at all from Ashley Young getting a one match ban and a telling off.

I know, I know - it still relies on referees getting it right but if a player knows any attempt to con the ref puts himself in jeopardy of getting sent off, I don't think he'd attempt it in the first place.

But too many don't get caught to make that worth it IMO. Weekly video review panel if anything for me.

Although madras I think it was made a good point a couple of days ago, that if we brought in a weekly panel, are we not going to have problems with clubs wanting more justice than just bans and fines when a retrospective decision would have majorly changed the direction of the match? Especially if it could have changed their league position come the end of the season and such?

Just so many different things to cover, I think that's one of the biggest reasons why this technology is being dismissed right now, purely because they're nowhere near finished debating all possibilities in FIFA themselves.

Think you've got a good point about clubs wanting some form of compensation for cheating picked up after the game. It would be a disadvantage of the video review system.

I still think it's better than where we are now though, and it would eventually lead to a massive reduction in cheating that would benefit everyone. It would have to be sold clearly like that, and the limitations would have to be admitted and accepted from the start.

True. Something needs to be done Ian, and we need to live with the rocky moments the rule changes bring. 'Cause right now, the game is going further down the pan and things like diving and leg breakers need to be eliminated. Overall, I'm still personally in favour of a video review panel.

Guest firetotheworks

The Gerrards and The Lampards etc.

The worst one was Freddie Shepherd with his 'The Lookayz and The Emrayz'

Guest firetotheworks

Hanson's constant use of 40 years ago as an argument for a modern topic. Get with the times you fucking dinosaur.

Guest firetotheworks

The way Hansen says the word "percentages".

"per-setty-jizz"

I've just stared at this message for 5 minutes. No reason.

• 2 weeks later...