Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

England FC in general for me, every last thing about the national side from the faceless wankers that run it and the tosspot players to brain dead morons screaming 'in-ger-lund' prior to exiting every b****** tournament too early

I agree its totally awful.

England FC in general for me, every last thing about the national side from the faceless wankers that run it and the tosspot players to brain dead morons screaming 'in-ger-lund' prior to exiting every b****** tournament too early

i forgot the flags too, flags stuck to fucking cars and prams and whatever other shit people dream up - fuck off, you're in England already, stop it

I just can't stand reading all the bollocks the press write

Capello is shi, Capello would quit if he was a real man, Capello doesn't have the guts, Capello this, Heskey that.

England win 5-0

Capello is god, we are sorry Fabio,  WE ARE GONNA WIN EURO 2012 ROONEY IS A GOD OF FOOTBALL

Then

England draw 1-1

Capello is shit, Rooney can't do it by himself,  Gerrard and Lampard can't play together.  Lescott is shite, Why didn't he start Defoe up front wihh rooney.  Etc.

I think the schizophrenia of the football press on England is the most extreme of any I've seen. One win makes us world beaters and one defeat makes us terrible.

And the amount of column inches devoted to it is insane.

I've always liked Peter Brackley because he spends most of the time actually commentating on the game without splurting cliches and trying to sound like a fucking prophet.

:thup: aye used to solid on Football Italia back in the day.

International breaks. So fucking boring.

Even worse this time round as they're playing on Friday. Why the fuck they playing on Friday?

It's fucking crazy that this is being played on a Friday like. It's like they were thinking "how can we make International weekends even more boring? I know, let's play the games on the Friday!". Cunts.

At least it means fans that don't live in the vicinity of the national stadium are going to have pay extra to stay over/take time of work to attend though. Ridiculous.

It's fucking crazy that this is being played on a Friday like. It's like they were thinking "how can we make International weekends even more boring? I know, let's play the games on the Friday!". Cunts.

At least it means fans that don't live in the vicinity of the national stadium are going to have pay extra to stay over/take time of work to attend though. Ridiculous.

England games are like a Friday night activity anyway. Carlsberg, England shirts, flip-flops, Weatherspoons, shit chants and singing, 'weeeeeeeeeeeeeys', appalling behaviour from people you are ashamed to be associated with.

Perfect time for an England game.

as a plus point though (because i've had car trouble) the asda delivery is arriving between 5-7 tonight, some of which is beer  :thup:

straight in the fridge for a wee bit i reckon and it might be nice and cool by kick off time for the england match

also the scotland match is on bbc scotland, sky channel 971 and kicks off at 7.15 if anyone is interested

i forgot the flags too, flags stuck to fucking cars and prams and whatever other shit people dream up - fuck off, you're in England already, stop it

And I'm back, I fucking knew there was something else England related I utterly despise, more than one actually:

Baddiel and Skinner, fuck off

Beckham and Terry, Mr & Mrs England, get fucked

Horseshit surrounding the England World Cup song...it always ends with a remix of worlds in motion or it's coming home by those two chancing fucks

More to follow

Gerry Francis.

What gives him the impression that fucking horrible haircut looks good. He talks utter garbage in such a forgettable monotone voice.

Come on you wearwolf head as Dave James once famously shouting at him.

Managers who are losing at half time and don't make changes.

The Blackpool game just got me to thinking, it's such a stupid thing to do. "Well it didn't work in the first half but if I put the same team out in the second half, surely it'll turn things around..."

Managers who are losing at half time and don't make changes.

The Blackpool game just got me to thinking, it's such a stupid thing to do. "Well it didn't work in the first half but if I put the same team out in the second half, surely it'll turn things around..."

Glenn Roeder-like today. No doubt he will wait to the 65th minute for no particular reason whatsoever.

Guest firetotheworks

I don't mind no changes at half time if its a case of the manager correcting tactics, but it shouldn't be a one size fits all way to do things.

The standard of some of the callers on the World Football Phone-in.

Which one you referring to?

There is usually several but that Lev Yashin on the recent one was pretty bad.

Get a lot of people ringing in with just bollocks questions or comments about nothing in particular.

EDIT: Scottish guy after isn't much better.

Get a lot of people ringing in with just bollocks questions or comments about nothing in particular.

Aye I know what you mean, that Yashin guy was woeful and there are some that are just a load of waffle. The pundits usually somehow manage to scrape an answer to their nonesense questions though.

You'll often get Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool fans ringing in every week asking about the same bloody player aswell. Tedious as owt.

They're worth wading through because there will always be some decent ones though.

Aye I know what you mean, that Yashin guy was woeful and there are some that are just a load of waffle. The pundits usually somehow manage to scrape an answer to their nonesense questions though.

You'll often get Man U/Chelsea/Liverpool fans ringing in every week asking about the same bloody player aswell. Tedious as owt.

They're worth wading through because there will always be some decent ones though.

I know. You'd think they'd vet them or something. The pundits do admirably formulating answers for them. Always worth a listen when Brassel and Vickery are on.

People who act like it is some horrible disgrace that footballers sometimes become angry with one another. You'd think it was some horrible crime when footballers argue, push each other, have small fights, or question the referees. These people must have never played sport at any point in their lives. It's competitve and emotional. The things that happen on the pitch are no worse than what happens at the gym or the training pitch every day in your local area.