Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest firetotheworks

People feeling the need to have an opinion on NUFC and football in general, and displaying their total lack of understanding of the game with their shit opinions.

Woman at work today went 'I think they should make that the starting XI only get paid per week.'

My reply 'To be fair that's a typical opinion from someone who knows fuck all about football'

She didn't like that. She also said that none of our players were doing well, to which my mate replied 'We're top of the league!' and she went 'Argh give over, Its the Championship.'

Basically, I hate her.

People feeling the need to have an opinion on NUFC and football in general, and displaying their total lack of understanding of the game with their shit opinions.

Woman at work today went 'I think they should make that the starting XI only get paid per week.'

My reply 'To be fair that's a typical opinion from someone who knows fuck all about football'

She didn't like that. She also said that none of our players were doing well, to which my mate replied 'We're top of the league!' and she went 'Argh give over, Its the Championship.'

Basically, I hate her.

Kill her, kill her with fire.

Guest firetotheworks

People who moan about people moaning on a thread set up specifically for people to moan 

Then you wont mind if I have a moan about it then? Or feel free to moan, that's what this thread is for after all. :razz:

Guest Brummiemag

Fans who moan about change and yet still come back for more...just to moan, it would seem.

Theres plenty wrong with the modern game, a lot of things have changed for the worse, not least the creation of the premier league, not all of us have been brainwashed by the premier league and sky tv bullshit yet

But I love football and I love Newcastle so I will always come back for more.

People feeling the need to have an opinion on NUFC and football in general, and displaying their total lack of understanding of the game with their s*** opinions.

I sort of feel this whenever I see the call for a "Salary Cap".  Those only work when there is no competition from other leagues and the "capped" league is still the best payer.  Works in NFL and NBA etc but would never work in football where you would have an immediate exodus to Spain or Italy etc

Guest firetotheworks

Fans who moan about change and yet still come back for more...just to moan, it would seem.

Theres plenty wrong with the modern game, a lot of things have changed for the worse, not least the creation of the premier league, not all of us have been brainwashed by the premier league and sky tv bullshit yet

But I love football and I love Newcastle so I will always come back for more.

Im not worthy. Shut up man.

EDIT: Actually, dont. Im just in a shit mood.

Guest Phil K

EDIT: Actually, dont. Im just in a s*** mood.

You say that as if it's rare.

My own pet hate is "early doors"

Guest firetotheworks

EDIT: Actually, dont. Im just in a s*** mood.

You say that as if it's rare.

My own pet hate is "early doors"

:lol: Phil K thinks I'm always in a bad mood: Time to reassess my life.

The phrase 'cheeky bid.'

Must admit that all that too cool for school shit gets on my wick in general: 'jog on', 'cheeky whatever' (particularly when people as for a 'cheeky vimto' - fucking toe curling) etc

Makes people look half witted

'Footy' its footbaarl

People with cameras at the match

People leaving early

Lasses at match with their 'fella' - isnt their ironing to do?

People texting at the match.

Agreed.

And people who notice when the Sky or BBC camera is on them and start waving their arms or hiding behind their mates, clearly not paying attention to the match. Morons.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest toonlass

Screetchers at matches. Especially when the are on the telly. FFS you sound stupid, Arsenal have one, there was one at the Southampton/Mk Dons game tonight.  :angry:

Guest Stephen927

Probably been mentioned before, so apologies if so, but when a player goes down for an extended period and then has to be stretchered off the pitch, it boils me piss to hear fans booing him. Yeah.. I don't think he's playacting anymore...