Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Guest firetotheworks

Rangers and Celtic, and in particular English people who support one or the other for no reason.

I couldn't give one fuck about that absolutely shit league.

Rangers and Celtic, and in particular English people who support one or the other for no reason.

I couldn't give one f*** about that absolutely s*** league.

Fair enough. But people do live in Glasgow (unfortunately). We need to support someone.

When you are chatting to someone about football, they are actually quite knowledgeable but they keep getting things wrong about your club. You correct them a couple of times but you feel like a bit of a dick keeping saying "actually despite his goals Nolan isn't that good so probably not worth an England call up" "Smith is doing well this season but no he isn't being wasted in Midfield, he is useless up front" "Steven Taylor is doing very well but he isn't THAT good" etc etc...

Jim White all year round apart from the two T/D days when I need to see him getting a boner on as goes around the country checking to see what 20+ men hanging around car parks late at night have seen.

People who refer to the PL as the EPL...........it is like they trying to put our league on par with the SPL. It is the global league it does not have a geographic location in front of it.

"in this league"

Guest toonlass

When people around you give up their season tickets or move and then you get a bunch of knobs standing next to you. Each game you don't know what you are going to get. When they moved us into the corner they tried to move us with the people we had been next to (and obviously if you got your tickets with your mates they moved you together). However some people moved and then didn't like their seats (or gave up their season tickets at the end of last season) and now there are different people around every week. Some seem to be oviously one sarnie short of a picnic and some act like they have escaped from St Nicks for a day.

When people don't understand players generally won't be able to play every game in the season, especially when games are so close to each other.

Also "If they aren't fit enough to start they shouldn't be on the bench", we no, not really. Especially with 7 subs now. No harm in having them on the bench to throw them on for 20-30 minutes. Especially if they are the sort of player that can change a game.

Guest firetotheworks

'someone for England' clap clap    clap clap clap 'someone for England'

Sounds like something that would get sang at Butlins in the '70s.

Paul Merson.

As an example just how dumb he is he was talking about Beckford earlier, the conversation went something like this:

Merson: "I saw him against Liverpool, he had one touch of the ball, he's not good enough for the Premier League"

Stelling: "You can't judge a player on one game."

Merson: "When you paying three, four, five million for a player you can."

Stelling: "Newcastle were told to double a 1.25 million offer earlier in the week."

Merson: "In that case Arsenal should sign him. They create so many chances he'll be good back up."

Also saw was having me morning coffee and saw Jamie Redknapp patronising the fuck out of Bristol City. Cringe worthy stuff.