Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

I hate it when Man Utd are referred to as simply "UNITED"

I always ask what Rotherham have to do with it - they were the first.

Particularly annoying is its use when another United are playing them and the commentator blithely refers to the c***s.

My ex-boss was an Irish Liverpool fan and it took me about 5 years of working with him but I did teach him to change the habit of a lifetime and start referring to them as Man United - I didn't get him to go as far as I do and refer to them as the Manc c***s though.

I'd also like to add that there are too many recent fans who don't harbour a deep enough hatred for both them and Liverpool with all this s*** about people hating Chelsea and Spurs more really pisses me off - you must have short memories or don't appreciate where Man Utd and Liverpool stand in the scheme of things.

f***ing hate Spurs!!!!!!!

And having a manger with the testicles of a 90 year old as eye lids makes them even f***ing worse! Everything about them makes me absolutley livid at the thought of those soft, spikey haired, topman shopping, JLS listening, Jermaine Defoe and Robbie Keane bumming, atrocious accent, Tommy Hilfiger aftershave stenching, size 5 shoes wearing, break dancing mincers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just as bad as some southerners thinking that we're all flat cap wearing, jobless, whippet bummers tbh.

Nar, as their stereotype is based on the 1940's North-East. Mine is based on when I was there the other week,and every week on the TV, and every spurs fan I will ever meet!

One of my best mates is a Spurs fan.....word for word.

Always wears those light grey sneakers you used to wear when you had games in Primary school, them and ripped light blue jeans with Brylcreem hair!

I rest my case.

I'm Ok with that. I'm right regardless.

Nah, you cant be if we're disagreeing. Work it out.

There is one way I can be right if we're disagreeing....If you are wrong. And I maintain I am right.

Guest firetotheworks

I think it's nice in a way really. As long as they dont try and make on they know more than you.

I do the same with Rugby etc really. I'll always say that I know fuck all about it, but ask questions and give opinions on what Ive seen.

The Redknapps and Skys love in with them.

Richard Keys and how he has the same conversation about zonal marking and Gerrards position in midfield every week.

Arsehole journos who pick on decent managers like Grant, but wank over Souness, Big Sam, Moriniho and other gob shites. I know Jose is good, but the journos rank personality above ability. Henry Winter I'm looking at you.

How journalists think they're speaking for the people, when usually they're against public opinion. Even more annoying is the clubs who make decisions reacting to the media rather than the fans.

The 'big 4' Sky bollocks.

Champions League group stage.

The way southerners say Newcastle.

Cockney players who can't put a sentance together properly.

Plastic clubs like Bolton and Wigan.

Clubs who strive to be 'family clubs'

Stewards who give out pointless orders for no reason.

Hard but fair tackles being given as fouls. And the refs who agree it was a foul like Poll.

Expert analysts criticising strikers for 'not making the keeper make a save'.

No, you arse. The object of the game is to make the keeper fail to make a save. To do that, you have to aim away from the middle of the goal, and risk missing the target altogether.

When people can't understand that you are more likely to turn a blind eye if your team do something wrong but whinge when another team does it.

Call me a hypocrite but I am always going to to be a bit more lenient on my team, even if I hate cheating in general. I would rather we didn't do it but if it wins us a game/gets us a goal etc.. deep down I am going to rather we did it than not.

Agreed...but sometimes it bugs me when it's something blatant that they claim is legit.

I'm presuming someone's done Alan Green already.

I was in England for the first time this season at the weekend and saw the Football League Show (or whatever it's called). You can add a pet hate of whichever divot fails to appreciate that all fans really want to see on TV is as much of the match as possible. The old Football League goals show that ITV used to have on at 3 in the morning was miles better.

The way southerners say Newcastle.

Cockney players who can't put a sentance together properly.

And to add to this whilst im pissed off, how can these cunts get away with it without anything being said. Im not geordie, and im not a jock, I speak Berwick which is about half and half. But if I tried to speak in my native accent Sky would either take the piss or stop it happening. How can Sky allow cockneys to speak like idiots, so fucked up, without a thought.  If I started speaking Berwick they would look at me like a tool.

Expert analysts criticising strikers for 'not making the keeper make a save'.

No, you arse. The object of the game is to make the keeper fail to make a save. To do that, you have to aim away from the middle of the goal, and risk missing the target altogether.

This is a good one actually, if everyone aimed at the middle third of the goal every game would be 0-0.

Guest Roger Kint

Aye the southern pronunciation of Newcastle is a good one. Noo-car-sul, f*** off its Noo-cassul man.

And while we are on that theres a word after it called UNITED no matter how much Sky refuse to show it on a table/fixture list

-SSN in general is painful to watch. The Nigel Winterburn/Jason Cundy 'head to head' they were showing before Arsenal/Chelsea was excruciating. The older female presenter is utter shite too, she tries to make the news sound like a fucking M&S advert.

-Teams coming onto the pitch to specific music.

-The way newspapers shorten Drogba to Drog, then use in a sentance referring to dogs. I.e - 'Terry to stop Drog's bite', or 'Ancelotti hails top Drog'

Aye the southern pronunciation of Newcastle is a good one. Noo-car-sul, fuck off its Noo-cassul man.

Replace "noo" with a shortenend "ny" for the correct version and you might have it.

When people can't understand that you are more likely to turn a blind eye if your team do something wrong but whinge when another team does it.

Call me a hypocrite but I am always going to to be a bit more lenient on my team, even if I hate cheating in general. I would rather we didn't do it but if it wins us a game/gets us a goal etc.. deep down I am going to rather we did it than not.

Agreed...but sometimes it bugs me when it's something blatant that they claim is legit.

I'm presuming someone's done Alan Green already.

I was in England for the first time this season at the weekend and saw the Football League Show (or whatever it's called). You can add a pet hate of whichever divot fails to appreciate that all fans really want to see on TV is as much of the match as possible. The old Football League goals show that ITV used to have on at 3 in the morning was miles better.

What I don't understand about that show is the bloody games they pick to have on for half the show, its always  0-0 or 1-1 or 1-0.  Can they not pick the feature game when they know the score, bloody ridiculous.  Also why waste time on that bald bloke talking to fans or whetever, show us more of the bloody match.

-Teams coming onto the pitch to specific music.

Don't like Local Hero?

Specific music is fine, it's the generic stuff like "Duel of the Fates" (or whatever it's called) I can't stand. Used to love it when Orient came out to Tijuana Taxi - fkn brilliant.

Mindless Center Back passing.  You see it all the time....CB passes to CM, but they are facing the CM and pass right back to the CB.  CB then passes to other CM who is also facing the CB and passes right back to them . CB then passes out to outside mid, who passes right back to him.

Not sure if it crappy decision making by the CB who passes to players who are already being closed down, or bad skill by the Midfielders who cannot take posession.

And then to make it worse....the commentator Ooohs and Ahhhh over the fabulous string of passes. Meanwhile they have made no progress up the field, haven't beaten anyone and then hoof it up field as they are out of ideas.

Guest bleedinblacknwhite

People who don't follow but pick up a team a few of their mates support then try and get involved in the banter despite never watching the games.

Me and my best mate caught a lad out doing that, we had the sneaking suspicion he was just agreeing with everything we said - this was proved to be the case when my best mate goes "And I thought Coloccini had a canny game, he's the bald one from Mexico" and this lad goes "Ah yeah, I know who you mean."

Was so f***ing funny :lol: :lol:

We caught out a mate doing that and all, we were asking him who his favourite man u players were.

Him - I like Rooney, and Ronaldo.

Us - What about Iniesta? (we were in Barcelona)

Him - Oh yeah, he had a quality game at the weekend

:rolleyes: :lol: