Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Merson is the big one for me.

Supermac is worse. All week he's been going on about Mondays game as being a brilliant game of football. Andy Townsend and Robbie Earle piss me of the most for some reason though.

I hate it when Man Utd are referred to as simply "UNITED"

I always ask what Rotherham have to do with it - they were the first.

Particularly annoying is its use when another United are playing them and the commentator blithely refers to the cunts.

My ex-boss was an Irish Liverpool fan and it took me about 5 years of working with him but I did teach him to change the habit of a lifetime and start referring to them as Man United - I didn't get him to go as far as I do and refer to them as the Manc Cunts though.

I'd also like to add that there are too many recent fans who don't harbour a deep enough hatred for both them and Liverpool with all this shit about people hating Chelsea and Spurs more really pisses me off - you must have short memories or don't appreciate where Man Utd and Liverpool stand in the scheme of things.

Supermac is worse. All week he's been going on about Mondays game as being a brilliant game of football. Andy Townsend and Robbie Earle piss me of the most for some reason though.

Supermac is fucking terrible as a pundit. I'd probably go and tell him that, but there's no way I'm waiting outside the Strawberry in the freezing cold till chucking out time to do so.

Supermac is f***ing terrible as a pundit. I'd probably go and tell him that, but there's no way I'm waiting outside the Strawberry in the freezing cold till chucking out time to do so.

you could erm, you know like,possibly...........go in ?

Supermac is f***ing terrible as a pundit. I'd probably go and tell him that, but there's no way I'm waiting outside the Strawberry in the freezing cold till chucking out time to do so.

Screw that, it completely ruins the joke.

Screw that, it completely ruins the joke.

he's already been runied.

(see what i did there?)

the people who sit to the left of me, have turned up late every single game so far, but today really took the piss, two of them turned up as everyone was celebrating looking like they didnt even care, then their mate turns up another 5 mins into the game. about 15 mins lates, the first two piss off again and dont see them for the rest of the game.  :angry:

Guest schmuck

People who constantly complain about commentators, pundits, etc. Just watch the football!

Hah aye, getting wound up by them is like conceding that despite years of talking unrelenting shite their opinion still somehow matters to you. You don't get angry at a baby pooing in their nappy, it's just what they do, so why get the arse when Andy Townsend says something stupid

People who constantly complain about commentators, pundits, etc. Just watch the football!

Hah aye, getting wound up by them is like conceding that despite years of talking unrelenting s**** their opinion still somehow matters to you. You don't get angry at a baby pooing in their nappy, it's just what they do, so why get the arse when Andy Townsend says something stupid

Yeah but when the baby is in his fourties and his teeth keep falling out on SSN, the shitting bit makes sence.

How the host nation of a World Cup are automatically seeded first in the draw.  Some ridiculous teams like South Korea, Japan and now South Africa have been seeded recently.  Seedings should be about merit, and one of the Pot 2 teams should be in Pot 1 instead of bloody South Africa.

I've just thought actually - I suppose the host nation has the disadvantage of having not played any competitive games in 2 years in some cases, but still - top 8 seeds should be the best 8 teams.

Guest Andover Bluebird

Mike Parry from talksport-knows eff all about football

Fans who dont observe the minutes silence (Sunderland at Ninian park for John Charles :angry:)

Liverpool FC-think they have the divine right to success

'Fans' of Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea and Arsenal who never go to the games because they live 200 miles away.

Barry Fry

John Motson

Guest Andover Bluebird

Welsh teams playing in the English leagues.

Actually you have a good point. However it goes back 100 years when the leagues were being formed and the fact that wales is a principality and not a country.  In the 20s there were 6 sheepshagging teams playing (CCFC, S#####a, Newport, Merthyr, Aberdare and Wrectum).  It does piss me off when CCFC fans sing anti english songs seeing as my wife and kids are all english and CCFC.

Do you think that the old firm should be allowed in the English system?

I think you'll find it a resounding "NO !"

Its a regular discussion and I can't recall anyone saying yes.

The general feeling is if they do, they should start from the Northern premier league (if THAT high) and work their way up.

Actually you have a good point. However it goes back 100 years when the leagues were being formed and the fact that wales is a principality and not a country.  In the 20s there were 6 sheepshagging teams playing (CCFC, S#####a, Newport, Merthyr, Aberdare and Wrectum).  It does piss me off when CCFC fans sing anti english songs seeing as my wife and kids are all english and CCFC.

If Wales is a principality, shouldn't the 'national team' play in the league then, a la Monaco?

For what it's worth, the only non-english team i'd have in the English leagues is TNS, because they're cool.

Is Wrectum a real place? :lol:

If Wales is a principality, shouldn't the 'national team' play in the league then, a la Monaco?

For what it's worth, the only non-english team i'd have in the English leagues is TNS, because they're cool.

Wales is slightly bigger than Monaco mate. :lol:

Guest Andover Bluebird

TBH i couldnt care about international football! Wales have been crap for so long i have lost interest

TNS actually play in England in Oswestry.

Wrectum is a real place=shit hole=Sunderland O0