Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

I think the reason I hate head-to-head is mainly laziness on my part.  I like being able to look at the table and compare points and goal difference, can't be arsed to go looking for individual fixtures.  Silly really, but as I say I don't think there's a lot wrong with goal difference.

To be honest I loved the old Serie A tie-breaker system. There was talk of implementing it in Spain after Barcelona won the 1994 league on head-to-head record (that was probably one of the most cracking league finishes ever, by the way), but was rubbished. Why did Italy abandon it? To be more like the other major leagues?

"Your support is f***ing s***".

yes, yes, yes! hate it.

Don't mind this one so much, as it sounds mint when everyone singing it at an away match

"Shall we sing a song for you" on the other hand  :knuppel2:

serie A

the whole league is just a f***ing farce

How?

overrated

boring as f***

empty grounds

cheating is rife from the owners all the way down to the players

Can I ask how many Serie A games you've watched in the last 6 months to a year?

The whole sum of fuck all

For said reasons mentioned above

yes, yes, yes! hate it.

Don't mind this one so much, as it sounds mint when everyone singing it at an away match

Most moronic chant ever. No need

Makes me cringe. Needs to be consigned to the dustbin of history as most of the stupid hooligan type chants have been.

yes, yes, yes! hate it.

Most moronic chant ever. No need

Makes me cringe. Needs to be consigned to the dustbin of history as most of the stupid hooligan type chants have been.

I like what the Birmingham fans do. Think it was the 2003-4 season where they beat us up here, and they sang that when it was all quiet...but actually did start singing a song for us and starting chanting, "United, United" in a high-pitched girly voice. :lol:

Twisted views of NUFC and its fans by pundits who never actually speak to fans or visit the area but just use newspaper bullshit as the bench mark.  And other fans who pick this up and run with it.

Like one I heard in an office..."its newcastle fans fault that they got relegated"  I had to hold my myself back as I was on a customer site.

Guest getalife

First thing I thought of was shielding the ball out, it really annoys me. If you say it's not against the rules Towelie, I'm not going to argue with you, but that doesn't mean it's right. If a defender stops following the ball 10 yards from the line and starts shuffling left and right (even while backing into his opponent), it's a blatant case of playing the man and not the ball, which should be penalised.

Also Andy Gray going into deep growling mode whenever they're replaying a goal that's just been scored, what's all that about......?

Guest schmuck

Stupidly high squad numbers. Why would you want to be number 70, for example? I like them low, baby

Right on, I'm a bit ocd about it tbh, I'd love to own a club just so I can ensure that at least one professional club in the world's first choice XI would actually wear 1-11, in the right order as well. Gallas wearing 10 boils my piss, even little things like Coloccini wearing 2 despite never playing right back for us. Half the time I think the high numbers are players avoiding the reality that they're not in the first choice XI, like Bendtner so instead of taking number 16 for example he goes for an outlandish 52.

Coloured boots too, only the top 1% of Champions League players should even be allowed to consider it and even then I'd not be happy.

Stupidly high squad numbers. Why would you want to be number 70, for example? I like them low, baby

Right on, I'm a bit ocd about it tbh, I'd love to own a club just so I can ensure that at least one professional club in the world's first choice XI would actually wear 1-11, in the right order as well. Gallas wearing 10 boils my piss, even little things like Coloccini wearing 2 despite never playing right back for us. Half the time I think the high numbers are players avoiding the reality that they're not in the first choice XI, like Bendtner so instead of taking number 16 for example he goes for an outlandish 52.

yup, i'd hate if i was a player to have any number higher than #19 because i'd feel having a high number would mean i'm less near to the first XI. number 47 you say manager? jog on!

Guest firetotheworks

For me, these are the only acceptable numbers for their positions.

GK: 1, 12

RB: 2

LB: 3

CB: 4, 5

LW: 6,7,11,14

RW: 7,8,11

CM: 6,7,8

FW: 9,10,11,12