Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

Players wearing short sleeves and gloves, WTF is that all about

You lose most heat through your extremities, ie hands, feet and head, therefore it doesn't really make much difference what length sleeve you wear since you don't lose much body heat through your forearms

I always thought you lost most heat through your head (etc), because everywhere else was normally covered. Am I an idiot?

Yes, that's true, but then come the hands and feet, and since the hands don't do anything during a football match (unless you're Thierry Henry), then one is often required to wear gloves, sometimes with short sleeves, but it makes no difference with the length of sleeve.

You lose most heat through your extremities, ie hands, feet and head, therefore it doesn't really make much difference what length sleeve you wear since you don't lose much body heat through your forearms

I always thought you lost most heat through your head (etc), because everywhere else was normally covered. Am I an idiot?

Yes, that's true, but then come the hands and feet, and since the hands don't do anything during a football match (unless you're Thierry Henry), then one is often required to wear gloves, sometimes with short sleeves, but it makes no difference with the length of sleeve.

The heat loss through the head thing is a myth.

As a Canadian all things related to keeping warm are pretty high on the list of general interest topics.

The only issue with the gloves is that your fingers will get cold quicker and it is painful. The strange thing is that with activity comes greater blood flow and the conversion of calories to energy has the side effect of creating warmth (hence the sweating). Warmth that is transferred through the body by the greater  blood flow of cardio stimulation = warm hands.

So if you wear gloves while playing sports you are a pussy.

So sayeth the igloo dweller from the centre of Canada...

The heat loss through the head thing is a myth...

Yeah, it's based on a misinterpretation of an old military study (US I think).

You're not a man until you've been hit in the thigh or balls by a football in sub-zero temperature.

people who claim to know everything about football just because they know all the stats, who plays for who, how much they signed for etc etc etc but have never played a competetive game of football in their life and know absolutely fuck all when it comes to the tactical side of the game.

Far quicker to just type "Ronaldo" O0

The 'imaginary card'; players surrounding the ref after a decision goes against them (see United, Manchester); players going down like they've been shot, having a sneaky glance to see if the ref is gonna produce a card, then making a miraculous 'recovery' when they realise punishment for the opposition player will not ensue; over-excitable commentators "AND HERE COMES ROONEY!!!1one" when he's collected a pass just over the halfway line, not bearing down on the opposition goal with an empty net in sight... probably a lot more stuff, nothing else comes to mind.

The heat loss through the head thing is a myth...

Yeah, it's based on a misinterpretation of an old military study (US I think).

You're not a man until you've been hit in the thigh or balls by a football in sub-zero temperature.

In some cases you're not a man after that's happened either.

It has to be one of the old Mouldmasters, where it leaves dimple marks and a Mitre logo on your bright red thigh.

My absolute No.1 pet hate is players falling over like they've been shot when someone so much as looks at them ala Didier Drogba

As a man the last thing I want to do is show myself to be some kind of lightweight pussy but these fellas can't hit the ground quick enough. Gay, Gay, Gay!

Man up for fuck's sake!!!!!!

It has to be one of the old Mouldmasters, where it leaves dimple marks and a Mitre logo on your bright red thigh.

Ah, the old weatherproof balls. Fucking killer!

Blantantly fixed draws for tournaments. Caf just gifted Angola a piss easy group as hosts of the ACN 2010. Champions League is probaly even worse. Hopefully they can keep their dirty hands off the World Cup. Don't be surprised when SA draws out New Zealand and Honduras though.

If you're talking about the European CL, I'm actually all for the "lesser" teams having an easier go at qualifying themselves. Means more money for the smaller leagues, which can only be good for european football as a whole long term. Even if the "big" teams just mash the smaller ones 5-0 or 6-0 short term.

Guest Stephen927

This is a strange one. When people criticise the style of teams like Stoke and Bolton and say it's not football. It is, it's just another way of playing it to the likes of Arsenal and Barcelona. It might not be pretty to watch but it's an added dimension to football, fair play to them if they can get it to work to a moderate degree as it still takes hard work on the training ground to get it to click.

This is a strange one. When people criticise the style of teams like Stoke and Bolton and say it's not football. It is, it's just another way of playing it to the likes of Arsenal and Barcelona. It might not be pretty to watch but it's an added dimension to football, fair play to them if they can get it to work to a moderate degree as it still takes hard work on the training ground to get it to click.

Wrong,

You go and pay good money to watch that week in week out.

Guest Stephen927

Wrong,

Wrong. I don't.

Wrong,

Wrong. I don't.

That's the point though. I know a few Bolton supporters and they hate the way they play. They reckon it may be the only way to survive in the Prem (flowing football on a budget makes you West Brom), but that doesn't necessarily make it something to look forward watching week in, week out.

One of the good things of La Liga is that lowly sides also play nice football, our less physical approach makes that possible. I admit the likes of Tenerife, Valladolid, Málaga... might be murdered in the EPL, though

Guest Stephen927

If you don't like the way a team is playing, nobodys holding a gun to your head to go and watch them play. It's a necessity for some teams to stay in the top flight, fair play to them if they can get it to work.

If you buy a season ticket at the Reebok or the Britannia and expect flowing football from the home side, then it's time for the men in white coats to come out. :lol: Thats just the way it is. [/2pac]

Wrong,

Wrong. I don't.

Wrong.

I meant, you go and watch that shit and I'll stick to trying to watch teams attempt to play football.

Guest Stephen927

Wrong,

Wrong. I don't.

Wrong.

I meant, you go and watch that s*** and I'll stick to trying to watch teams attempt to play football.

Wrong.

I have no intentions of going to watch it, I am saying it's an effective tactic for these teams rather than just something which can't be classed as football.

Wrong,

Wrong. I don't.

Wrong.

I meant, you go and watch that s*** and I'll stick to trying to watch teams attempt to play football.

Wrong.

I have no intentions of going to watch it, I am saying it's an effective tactic for these teams rather than just something which can't be classed as football.

Wrong.

I just wanted to join in.