Non-league football

Crumpy Gunt

Yeah, saw a post earlier that Newcastle Blue Star have had their season terminated and declared null and void.

I know they are pushing to develop their ground (down on Denton Road, Scotswood) to get it up to the level required for promotion out of the Northern Alliance.

Yeah, saw a post earlier that Newcastle Blue Star have had their season terminated and declared null and void.

I know they are pushing to develop their ground (down on Denton Road, Scotswood) to get it up to the level required for promotion out of the Northern Alliance.

Drove past last weekend and think I seen a digger there. Work might be underway, albeit halted temporarily. I know they've got pics of a decent looking new stand on their website.

Idiotic decision for me - every league should have been played to a finish - bollocks to next season - start that whenever!

If it’s void then are the FA going to reimburse clubs for league fees, bookings, red cards etc?

Its mental, theyve taken this decision because most clubs voted to end the season asap. Basically every club from 8th and below would have voted to end it now, purely to prepare for next season if theyve got nothing to play for or to avoid any likely hood of relegation. Anyone with something to gain has been screwed over. Mental considering how much time and money has been invested into the season so far, most clubs top of the league will see their best players leave for bigger teams and struggle unless they are well off financially

Its mental, theyve taken this decision because most clubs voted to end the season asap. Basically every club from 8th and below would have voted to end it now, purely to prepare for next season if theyve got nothing to play for or to avoid any likely hood of relegation. Anyone with something to gain has been screwed over. Mental considering how much time and money has been invested into the season so far, most clubs top of the league will see their best players leave for bigger teams and struggle unless they are well off financially

Exactly!

Bollocks to next season - they’ve played 75% of this season and it should have been finished whenever!

Aye.

I just don’t understand how you can contemplate starting a new season without completing the old one. I think next season shouldn’t start until this season is complete, even if that means we don’t get next season until a year from now.

You can imagine the likes of West Ham will be wanting to cancel the Premier League. They will be in real danger of going down, and have a bad fixture list. Ending it now ensures they have another season to right things and do the bare minimum. I’d imagine our management and ownership will be wanting the same.

If the Premier League and football league is completed, I can see it being behind closed doors. They’ll give Sky Sports and the likes every game, with a pass sent to all season ticket holders so they get it for free.

Newcastle Blue Star have announced that season tickets for this (abandoned) season, will remain valid for the 2020-21 season, as/when it starts. And new season ticket prices have been frozen.  :clap:

• 5 weeks later...

Passed Blue Stars ground on my lockdown walk through Denton Dene today. Seen a dumper truck coming out and I got talking to the driver. Was saying a new stand is in its infancy. Looks like a bit of framework up. He was telling me how whoever's in charge has big plans. Couple of new stands. New access road. Bit of a 'corporate' area. Probably get pie and peas like ☺. Hoping for promotions (eventually) and a good enough ground to be able to play in the cup/vase. Was saying how players are at Morpeth/Dunston etc and hopefully they'll be able to attract them there instead. The workman was saying how he was from the east end where there's umpteen clubs, Benfield/Heaton Stan to name a couple but there's a massive area in the West end without a local club. I wish them well.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hebburn Vs Jarra tomorrow then Blyth on Tuesday - gutted I can't go because I'm self-isolating!

Hebburn smashed Blyth last night, they looked awful, my chosen team to watch instead of Nufc, look certain for the drop.

Hebburn Vs Jarra tomorrow then Blyth on Tuesday - gutted I can't go because I'm self-isolating!

Hebburn smashed Blyth last night, they looked awful, my chosen team to watch instead of Nufc, look certain for the drop.

Yeah I heard pal - a few of my mates were there! Hebburn have surely got to go up this season!