Various: Mike Ashley in talks with Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed Al Nehayan

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

According to Ryder, their initial valuation and bid is going to be around 300m. A good starting point.

Perhaps, if Mike wants 380m they might meet somewhere in the middle. Let's get this done.  :)

Hmm, so rumours of developments this morning may have been accurate? If they’re talking numbers then due diligence is over, isn’t it?

They'd have either had to be doing it for a while longer than the press reported, or Mike must have the books in good shape (Yeah, as if)  :lol:

SSN this morning at a bout 7:30 ran a quick headline that Liverpool were involved in a 1.5 billion take over, more on that after the break.  I waited and they briefly mentioned that apparently they were offered 1.5 bil, showed some footage of Stavely at SJP and then said it was quickly denied by Liverpool themselves.  :lol: :lol:

Hmm, so rumours of developments this morning may have been accurate? If they’re talking numbers then due diligence is over, isn’t it?

They'd have either had to be doing it for a while longer than the press reported, or Mike must have the books in good shape (Yeah, as if)  :lol:

If Mike's got anything right, it'll be his books, thankfully.

SSN this morning at a bout 7:30 ran a quick headline that Liverpool were involved in a 1.5 billion take over, more on that after the break.  I waited and they briefly mentioned that apparently they were offered 1.5 bil, showed some footage of Stavely at SJP and then said it was quickly denied by Liverpool themselves.  :lol: :lol:

Desperate for us to not get taken over :lol:

Honestly man, how satisfying will it be IF we get took over, IF we show ambition, IF we still have Rafa, IF he gets a lot of backing....These cunts will be falling over themselves, praising us etc.

I would love us to be able to give a massive 'fuck you' to about 90% of the media.

Desperate for us to not get taken over :lol:

Honestly man, how satisfying will it be IF we get took over, IF we show ambition, IF we still have Rafa, IF he gets a lot of backing....These c***s will be falling over themselves, praising us etc.

I would love us to be able to give a massive 'f*** you' to about 90% of the media.

It was such a nothing piece. It reminded me how much I hate Sky tv.

If a takeover did make us successful I wonder how the media will react. Will all of a sudden our fans be glory hunters? Will our success unlike Chelsea’s and Man City’s be bought? Or will they be kind by being honest and say, ‘You know what, they have always had a loyal following and they are doing no different than Man City and Chelsea are doing’.

If a takeover did make us successful I wonder how the media will react. Will all of a sudden our fans be glory hunters? Will our success unlike Chelsea’s and Man City’s be bought? Or will they be kind by being honest and say, ‘You know what, they have always had a loyal following and they are doing no different than Man City and Chelsea are doing’.

Probably a bit of everything and some old lines trotted out like "they love getting beat 4-3".  :lol:

I think we'll get a lot of stick tbh, if it comes off.

The whole thing doesn't bear thinking about man. Couldn't care less about Man city levels of money but to have an ownership that behaves in a similar vein to Rafa, treats everyone properly, invests in coaching and the academy and generally just operates in the best interests of the club would be an absolute dream.

I don't think we are contenders immediately even if the take over is completed. Amanda could be a better owner than the fat cunt but to expect she did an Abramovich to us is unrealistic.  However a huge step forward is reasonably expected.

i'd would honestly be happy with the club being ran as a football club again, all the lies and Ashley's expectation crushing plan to reduce the club to a bottom of the prem league outfit gone. Him winding everyone up, messing club legends about, messing the fans about...the list is endless.

Nope if we had oil money, we would be and would always have been a “massive club” just like Chelsea or City.

For what it’s worth, City are a bigger club than Chelsea, who should be about as big as Everton. Probably comparable with us in size, City I mean.

Arsenal and Spurs are a bit ahead, I hate admitting that about Spurs but it’s a reality.

Liverpool are a distant second to Manchester Utd, who are probably bigger in size to Barca and Real.

With solid investment we could be a top 4 team. Arsenal will have a spell in the wilderness after Wenger finally goes. And Spurs won’t be able to keep hold of Pinocchio who is an excellent manager.

Chelsea always seem to be on the brink of firing someone and they seem to be running out of options in terms of top class managers now too.

That gives someone the opportunity to take advantage.. why not us if we’re finally being backed?