Ciaran Clark (now a free agent)

Foluwashola

Who in here as seen him play in a game?

Well anyone who watched the Euros for a start. Plus he's made over 100 games for Villa so its likely a lot of people will have seen at least one game of his. He's not some obscure foreign youngster

He never plays fullback though, it's always at cb

Yeah, I never said he played full back

Fwiw, villa fans on Twitter are running with stories of di matteo saying he is definitely staying at villa from a few days a go.

He's quoted as stating he doesn't have a release clause.

Really don't want this kid in our team.

He won't play much anyway, quite obvious he's being signed in case of injuries etc.

If he's first choice then I'll be pissed but I really doubt he's going to be anywhere close.

Seriously doubt he'd leave first team football at his boyhood club to come here to sit on the bench.

Just based on his Irish performances he's one of those that can look pretty good at times but always has a mistake in him

Villa fan mate of mine:

Overall a good, "old fashioned" centre half. Committed, loves a tackle, and will always give 100%. However, he does have a mistake in him. Look at Ireland at the euros! Enjoys an own goal or 2 and does make mistakes. BUT he can be very good on his day

Meh.

If it is any consolation, he's a handsome young chap (one for the ladies/inclined chaps), unlike Tobin is really almost Irish, and meets our post-Tobin tacit transfer criteria of bound to come with top totty in tow (Tobin top totty in tow... I like it).

Overall I like him. Been with villa 10 years, captained the youth side to FA cup victory. Would be disappointed to see him go. £5m is a fair price for both parties. To be honest, a move would do him good. He broke through at villa 5/6 years ago which was the time we started to be shit. He has also had SO MANY partners he would benefit from a consistent line up, and some quality in front of him. if he stays he will start for villa so it's another first team player that needs replacing

Really don't want this kid in our team.

He won't play much anyway, quite obvious he's being signed in case of injuries etc.

If he's first choice then I'll be p*ssed but I really doubt he's going to be anywhere close.

Seriously doubt he'd leave first team football at his boyhood club to come here to sit on the bench.

Just based on his Irish performances he's one of those that can look pretty good at times but always has a mistake in him

I'd be very, very surprised if he's benching any of what we have let's put it that way.