Steve Brute

LoveItIfWeBeatU

Wouldn't surprise me if they shifted their focus to Monk - there is no chance they are gonna pay up for Bruce

They'll drag the Bruce thing out for as long as possible and get a cut rate deal or move on at the last minute and appoint the guys doing training to the gig for the foreseeable. Every day without action is a day we can't make any transfers.

Decent article for once.

Mark Douglas isn't bad tbh, the best of the local writers for me. There used to be a time when the local press would have given the owner of NUFC hell for taking the piss, but they seem to be practising self censorship these days. I'm not really sure why, not like Ashley gives them the time of day anyway.

You obviously can’t remeber the Alan Oliver/Freddie Shepherd days then.

You’re right with Douglas though, he’s fair most of the time

Decent article for once.

Mark Douglas isn't bad tbh, the best of the local writers for me. There used to be a time when the local press would have given the owner of NUFC hell for taking the piss, but they seem to be practising self censorship these days. I'm not really sure why, not like Ashley gives them the time of day anyway.

You obviously can’t remeber the Alan Oliver/Freddie Shepherd days then.

You’re right with Douglas though, he’s fair most of the time

I do remember them, Oliver's grovelling was indeed cringe inducing. I was thinking back to before Hall and Shepherd when the Chronicle played a big part in the campaign to get McKeag's claws out of Newcastle. I think if they had a similar militant approach today, Ashley would take selling up a lot more seriously.

This summer is the gift that just keeps giving. That contract for Bruce if true, feck me. Why would he even take it. Mentalist. Ashley is laughing in his face before he even gets here.

Only person taking this job is anther JFK.

I dont understand regimes obsession to get Bruce. Situation is hopeless, so Warnock, Monk etc etc are equally shit appointments. Does it really matters who is manager, when club is in full scale Titanic mode?

I dont understand regimes obsession to get Bruce. Situation is hopeless, so Warnock, Monk etc etc are equally shit appointments. Does it really matters who is manager, when club is in full scale Titanic mode?

Probably the only one who wanted it.

Says a lot about Bruce.

Yeah, the orchestra is about to play the final song, a string version of Blaydon Races.

Being a  former s*nderland manager should rule him out. Him being of such a drop in caliber should rule him out. Him turning us down as a player so he could join manu should rule him out.

He was one of the few players at Ferguson Utd that I didn't mind too much but do I want him anywhere near my club? Do I hell as like.

Got a feeling he might tell charnley to do one, unlike that wretched prick mcclaren who'd happily suck off Carr for the job.

I think Redfearn and Dawson would be as good, if not better than Bruce. If the team do reasonably in this Asia thing they'll get the job

I hope they get it, as I know nothing and have no opinion of them whatsoever.

I think it's become clear Ashley thinks any old manager can do what Rafa did, despite that being obvious to anyone with a brain that's nonsense.

Leaving our club with no real senior management above the football team in just Charnley, because he doesn't want any dissenting voices you get this utter mess.

Same goes with players in this idiots brain, well we pay them a fortune don't we ? I mean Colback gets £30,000 a week and that's a lot.

He's going to find out just how good Rafa was very soon. You know what though ? I don't think he'll even care, in his idiotic brain he'll think he's right.

Yeah we know Ashley doesn't care. We could go down to league 2 and he isn't out of pocket.

He loves the gamble of seeing how little he can spend and how far he can push the envelope without us getting relegated. If we do, ho hey, we now have a championship squad and manager that can likely keep us there for the next few years.

You've got to love a Mike Ashley incentivised contract. The incentives are always almost impossible to achieve. Win a cup and I'll give you a £10m bonus (did I mention I've sold all the goal scorers?).

It's just like how he runs Sports Direct everything is unachievable incentives and you end up getting paid buttons

No wonder MPs have said its akin to Victorian slave labour

Fat kid bullied for years gets money and power a d becomes the bully the man is a complete narcissist and sociopath

Daily mirror but he gets a bonus for every position above 17th we finish.

Mike Ashley F.C :anguish:

I'm actually surprised. I'd have thought he'd get his wages docked for every position above 17th that they finish.

Having difficulty getting Steve Bruce. Rejected by Fat Sam and Stevie G. Literally scrapping the barrel for a manager here and we can't get anyone. That's how far we've fallen. Name me one other Premier League club that wouldn't have managers lining up looking to take over ffs?

Yeah we know Ashley doesn't care. We could go down to league 2 and he isn't out of pocket.

He loves the gamble of seeing how little he can spend and how far he can push the envelope without us getting relegated. If we do, ho hey, we now have a championship squad and manager that can likely keep us there for the next few years.

He would be a few hundred million out of pocket if we went down to league 2.