Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

I have to say I thought the shirt yellow was introduced because some cultures don't dig on seeing exposed flesh? Which makes booking someone for taking their shirt off, when they're wearing an undershirt, especially absurd.

Changed not long after Forlan couldn’t get his top back for an age after scoring for Man Utd. Inbuilt undershirt days of yore.

Agree 100%. What got into the referees mind to book him? Unhuman!

Refs are under pressure from their assessors to implement the rules regardless of emotions attached to a certain celebration - I have no qualms about the ref issuing the card at that time, all he is doing is following orders (which he is under pressure to do) - the FA should IMO just rescind the card now after the event

FWIW Claude Puel said he accepted the card as Leicester City approached the game professionally and he expected everyone else (i.e. the refs) to do the same

Agreed - it's a yellow card offence.  The referee shouldn't have make decisions on what events are or aren't worthy of being commemorated by taking your shirt off.

Agree 100%. What got into the referees mind to book him? Unhuman!

Refs are under pressure from their assessors to implement the rules regardless of emotions attached to a certain celebration - I have no qualms about the ref issuing the card at that time, all he is doing is following orders (which he is under pressure to do) - the FA should IMO just rescind the card now after the event

FWIW Claude Puel said he accepted the card as Leicester City approached the game professionally and he expected everyone else (i.e. the refs) to do the same

Agree with both your comments and have great respect for Puel's considered response. It's a shame that this should have been a tlaking point at all, and it wouldn't be if it wasn't for the unnecessary, totally unrelated to the game in any way, rule being in place.

I have to say I thought the shirt yellow was introduced because some cultures don't dig on seeing exposed flesh? Which makes booking someone for taking their shirt off, when they're wearing an undershirt, especially absurd.

Changed not long after Forlan couldn’t get his top back for an age after scoring for Man Utd. Inbuilt undershirt days of yore.

:thup:

Players talking in the media in pre season about how they've not taken any vacation and instead worked extra to come back stronger next season. This season it was Murphy and Atsu, and both have been atrocious this season. The years before it has always been Rolando Aarons.

Just gives you false hope that the player's are not gonna be completely useless the season to come, which has never been the case.

• 1 month later...

The Adam Johnson song.

It’s outdated and fucking pathetic, stop it, but we won’t.

That song will be sung forever ffs  :whatdidido:

People getting precious about offensive songs *

*Racism, Homophobic or singing about the dead is too far.

The song is about going down.....he gets out soon ffs, that’s my point and whatever you think I’m not alone in thinking it’s psthetic to keep singing it.If you think it’s canny crack on.

The song is about going down.....he gets out soon ffs, that’s my point and whatever you think I’m not alone in thinking it’s psthetic to keep singing it.If you think it’s canny crack on.

It's a song. It's just to wind the mackems up. I'm not saying it's not rude or offensive, or maybe even inconsiderate to that lasses family but in the end,  its daft at best.

We can't get rid of all things mildly offensive, the world would be boring. There is a line, of course.

It's a song. It's just to wind the mackems up. I'm not saying it's not rude or offensive, or maybe even inconsiderate to that lasses family but in the end,  its daft at best.

We can't get rid of all things mildly offensive, the world would be boring. There is a line, of course.

Well it’s my wee pet hate, it’s cringe worthy now, that said I aimed paedo at fans and players on Tuesday  :lol:

Well it’s my wee pet hate, it’s cringe worthy now, that said I aimed paedo at fans and players on Tuesday  :lol:

That's the spirit.

The ‘Shola from Fenham’ one as well after some of our fans got upset because Adam Johnson ran across our pitch with his arms out like an aeroplane.

We are very ironic in some chants mind. Again I never sung the Shola one, my choice.