Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

Salman's a Saudi guy, writes about Newcastle but I'd call him a fan more than a journalist. A bit like if one of us started covering the club. But he's following the beIN Swiss trial and they've admitted to quite a fair bit on day one. Jack's tweet puts a few together - here's Salman's Twitter for the rest:

Eerily similar to Mauriss: "buy the club/the villa in this instance and we'll do X"

I'm probably in the minority, but does anyone else think at the moment think Jimenez is the best striker in the league?

As a traditional number 9 he's certainly in the conversation and bang on form. Seems a nice bloke too, really integrated himself with the Wolves fans.

Guest Cheesy Beans

Macclesfield Town are no more.

£173,000 is owed to a former manager for a promotion bonus from the National League. He was owed £200k but £27,000 had already been paid.

That seems ridiculously high? £200k promotion bonus to the manager of a non-league club?

£173,000 is owed to a former manager for a promotion bonus from the National League. He was owed £200k but £27,000 had already been paid.

That seems ridiculously high? £200k promotion bonus to the manager of a non-league club?

That does seem mad. Was in Macclesfield working for a few weeks last year. Not a bad town really. Sorry to see their troubles

That does seem mad. Was in Macclesfield working for a few weeks last year. Not a bad town really. Sorry to see their troubles

Had no idea where Macclesfield was so looked it up on a map. It's crazy to me to see how many football clubs (that I've heard of/know about) are from surrounding areas.

There really is a football club everywhere you turn in the UK.

Aye, I've been to Macclesfield and it's alright. One of those places that sounds like it'd be a shithole just from the name.

Wasn't it Sol Campbell? :lol:

Guest Cheesy Beans

There was two managers owed a similar wedge - Sol and John Askey.

There was two managers owed a similar wedge - Sol and John Askey.

Ahh...right. I just remembered Big Sol ‘not haven’ it’ in photos (arms crossed) when he didn’t get his coaches pay. I’m sure he made double that in a month during his playing years, but still, services rendered and all that.