Shola Ameobi

Keefaz

No surprise, but I quite like Ameobi to a certain extent. He's becoming something of a cult hero in my mind.

I also don't understand why people actively seem to hate him either.

He is what he is and always has been, and never (to my knowledge) tried to jump ship or cause problems at the club. I'm sure there are cynics among you who would say no one else would want him and maybe you're right but I still don't see why you'd hate the guy. He isn't the best or most talented player ever to pull on black and white stripes but he tries his hardest - even if the resultant outcome of that is his gangly style of play. Seems like a nice enough guy too.

I'm just not that hateful though, I guess. :) I save my hate for the Sounesses and Allardcyes of the world.

Also, he's come up with important goals when no one else was around (which I'm sure many of you feel extended his tenure here and consequently resent him further for!) but sometimes there really was no one else about!

I hope time eventually remembers him as a committed and useful squad player who provided the crowd with lots of entertainment/engagement, a fair bit of laughter and some infuriating moments of quality.

He hasn't demonstrated any real quality in close to 5 years.

Apart from score with his head and feet and show some close control I suppose you're right. Yet you think Marlon Harewood is the bee's knees. Well at least he's not languid.

:lol: what a thread

I think the way he plays makes him look disinterested but I reckon that is far from the truth. He is a dangley fker, bit like Tino body wise not skill or ability obviously.

Had a lot of injury problems and I bet every time he on the pitch he holds back a bit as he will be terrified of getting another injury, will take some time to trust his body again.

We could do a lot worse in my opinion. He gets his fair share in the premier league when given the chance and seems to keep his cool most of the time. On the other hand we could probably do better as well though.

Striker Shola Ameobi will hold talks with boss Chris Hughton. Stoke and Blackpool are both monitoring his situation.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/football/view/151041/Tim-Krul-aims-for-Steve-Harper-s-Newcastle-No-1-spot/

Let him go Chris

Please let this be true - I was delighted when I thought he was going to leave a couple of years back BUT he managed to stick around and then even got a new contract - crazy

Need to get rid - any money we get is a bonus

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

He's terrible, but always scores 'meaningful' goals, goals that matter - breaking a deadlock/giving us the lead/in 'big games', etc. Decent Derby/European record (I know...) and secured a few wins for us in the Championship before he was injured.