The Managerial Merry Go Round™

cp40

Pearson's mad as pan of crabs, seriously unhinged and a shit appointment. I know he laid a few solid stones at Leicester but even so... Poor choice.

It's a worse appointment than Bruce even. Unbelievable stuff.

Pearson's mad as pan of crabs, seriously unhinged and a shit appointment. I know he laid a few solid stones at Leicester but even so... Poor choice.

Could go either way. Could give them a rocket that at least gets them back into contention, then he might Brucify it and hope the likes of Pereyra & Deulofeu get him a few results.

No it's not. At least he has the courage of his convictions however prehistoric they might be. Bruce can't make his mind up.

I imagine Watford probably see him as a younger version of Sam Allardyce.

Pearson managed to keep Leicester up when it looked more likely they'd go down. Let's face it, his team then went on to won the league.

Who was managing them when they got the results that made it look likely they'd go down?

It was "his" team minus Kante. Mahrez and Vardy played in Pearson's last season but Pearson could only get 4 and 5 goals out of them respectively

I remember when he was assistant with us, we were getting beat at home one game and he was lying outstretched on the back seats of the dugout, i was like wtf.  :lol:

It was away to Reading and he was caretaker after Roeder left iirc.

I remember when he was assistant with us, we were getting beat at home one game and he was lying outstretched on the back seats of the dugout, i was like wtf.  :lol:

Oh right, was fking incredible, bloke is mad.

Pearson managed to keep Leicester up when it looked more likely they'd go down. Let's face it, his team then went on to won the league.

Who was managing them when they got the results that made it look likely they'd go down?

It was "his" team minus Kante. Mahrez and Vardy played in Pearson's last season but Pearson could only get 4 and 5 goals out of them respectively

Promoted team in struggling to adjust to PL quality shocker. Ultimately he got them going and achieved the season's objective.

No idea what your second sentence is all about. Pearson told Vardy that one day he'll play for England.... and that's when he was languishing in the lower leagues.

Promoted team in struggling to adjust to PL quality shocker. Ultimately he got them going and achieved the season's objective.

No idea what your second sentence is all about. Pearson told Vardy that one day he'll play for England.... and that's when he was languishing in the lower leagues.

So he gets credit for keeping them up but not criticism for getting them into a bad position in the first place. If it was "his" team that won the league he must be an absolutely shit manager to get them that close to relegation.

What does Pearson telling Vardy that he'd play for England have to do with it? He could only get him to score 5 goals in a PL season

Oh right, was fking incredible, bloke is mad.

Aye, I’m not going to debate that.  It was absolutely bewildering.

So he gets credit for keeping them up but not criticism for getting them into a bad position in the first place. If it was "his" team that won the league he must be an absolutely shit manager to get them that close to relegation.

What does Pearson telling Vardy that he'd play for England have to do with it? He could only get him to score 5 goals in a PL season

Nah, criticism is fine. But obviously we're judging his overall impact, not sure why you're latching onto a poor spell that ultimately meant nothing! :lol:

Clearly that team wasn't quite ready yet to storm the PL in their first season back - 'dat underachievement though! :lol: :pow:

Pearson telling Vardy about his future prospects shows that he knew the potential of that team/players.

Leicester finished the Pearson season as the form team of the league. Look at the last ten results. With Vardy, you have to remember that he was originally played on the wing with Ulloa as their main striker. Like Thierry Henry, things really started happening when he was played down the middle, as Pearson eventually did.

Pearson's weird for sure, but Leicester did well when he was there.

No it's not. At least he has the courage of his convictions however prehistoric they might be. Bruce can't make his mind up.

I imagine Watford probably see him as a younger version of Sam Allardyce.

Yikes. So Pearson coming in to Newcastle over the summer would have been less alarming than Bruce?