Ki Sung-gone

Guest ManDoon

I know we're tight as fuck, but at the same time i cant see Rafa wanting to go in to the new season with only 3 CM. Maybe we're after Sturaro as well, maybe, maybe not.

If we’re creating chances he will score goals for us. Seem to remember some long range screamers for Celtic as well.

He had a bit of pace for carrying the ball. What age is he now?

Nowhere near the wrecking ball that Diame turned into last season. Can’t see anyone taking his place in the starting 11, including that Juventus chap.

If we’re creating chances he will score goals for us. Seem to remember some long range screamers for Celtic as well.

Nowhere near the wrecking ball that Diame turned into last season. Can’t see anyone taking his place in the starting 11, including that Juventus chap.

Ki is 29.  On Diame, as good as he was.. who knows which form of him turns up in pre-season :lol: He was class for West Ham one season then shipped off to Hull the next. Shite or Hull first season then amazing the next

Guest neesy111

His goal record isn't that good btw.

I know we're tight as fuck, but at the same time i cant see Rafa wanting to go in to the new season with only 3 CM. Maybe we're after Sturaro as well, maybe, maybe not.

I presume you think Hayden will be let go?

Tbf he scored 8 in 33 games for Swansea in 2015, that's good that. Shows capability at least.

Dont think Rafa wants (ideally) him as 3/4th choice tbh. Doubt he minds him staying but i think if get a decent offer then yes, he might let him go.

Dont think Rafa wants (ideally) him as 3/4th choice tbh. Doubt he minds him staying but i think if get a decent offer then yes, he might let him go.

There should be a queue of championship clubs after Hayden, if indeed Ki is a replacement for Hayden.

Guest neesy111

Tbf he scored 8 in 33 games for Swansea in 2015, that's good that. Shows capability at least.

Purple patch? as he has only 12 goals in 139 PL games for swansea in total.

3 of them assisted by Shelvey

That was the season Swansea were decent and finished 8th. If Rafa can get him in a system that work and him playing well, no reason he couldnt repeat it

Guest neesy111

That was the season Swansea were decent and finished 8th. If Rafa can get him in a system that work and him playing well, no reason he couldnt repeat it

Possibly, but 3 years is a long time in football.  I'm interested to hear how Swansea fans thought he did last season in a struggling team.

Ki is 29.  On Diame, as good as he was.. who knows which form of him turns up in pre-season :lol: He was class for West Ham one season then shipped off to Hull the next. s**** or Hull first season then amazing the next

I don’t think any ever used him as a ball winning defensive midfielder though. He was seen as an attacking midfielder which he’s done well although inconsistently. Think Rafa realised this or maybe just lucked into it..

He doesn’t need the same sort of pace as he used before. Just little bursts of power, disrupt and move the ball on.. that he can do.

Maybe they’ll bring on Ki for him after 70 mins. If games are going well. Protect his legs etc.

We need some young legs in attack too. Townsend must be about 30 at this stage so this rumoured switch between him and selling on Ritchie sounds like a temporary fix.

I quite like Ritchie actually, would prefer if we kept him.

And does that mean Hayden keeps his place. Has he done enough to stay?

I thought Ki was a defensive midfielder tbf :lol: Transfermarkt (usually accurate) indicates he played near 50% of games there for Swansea last season too.  Depends how Rafa sees him I suppose

Ki is 29.  On Diame, as good as he was.. who knows which form of him turns up in pre-season :lol: He was class for West Ham one season then shipped off to Hull the next. s**** or Hull first season then amazing the next

I don’t think any ever used him as a ball winning defensive midfielder though. He was seen as an attacking midfielder which he’s done well although inconsistently. Think Rafa realised this or maybe just lucked into it..

He doesn’t need the same sort of pace as he used before. Just little bursts of power, disrupt and move the ball on.. that he can do.

Maybe they’ll bring on Ki for him after 70 mins. If games are going well. Protect his legs etc.

We need some young legs in attack too. Townsend must be about 30 at this stage so this rumoured switch between him and selling on Ritchie sounds like a temporary fix.

I quite like Ritchie actually, would prefer if we kept him.

And does that mean Hayden keeps his place. Has he done enough to stay?

He's 26 i think  :lol:

Ki is 29.  On Diame, as good as he was.. who knows which form of him turns up in pre-season :lol: He was class for West Ham one season then shipped off to Hull the next. Shite or Hull first season then amazing the next

He was fine at hull first season until he got crocked to be fair.

First Asian to play for NUFC? (Chopra doesn't count)

Hope it's more of a case of freeing transfer funds for other areas rather than next to no money for new signings.