Sam Allardyce

Thespence

However you slice it he's not a good manager. Having teams not quite get relegated really shouldn't be enough to get you the England job.

Not to mention the appalling style of football he plays and the fact players who spend their week with Mourinho and Wenger will absolutely hate him.

It's so depressing watching absolute idiots in charge of your teams make blatantly mental decisions, pretty much perpetually. Sam Allardyce is such an obviously bad appointment that, I thought, even someone with less than a passing interest in the game wouldn't give thought to it. But here's the FA - in charge of overseeing every aspect of football in England - interviewing him for the biggest job in the country. It's mindblowing.

I want him to stay at the scum because he truly is a mediocre manager that won't take them very far but will be there just long enough for us to rise

If he stays there they'll become a stable upper mid table club and have the odd season where they finish higher.  It's basically what he's done wherever he has been irrespective of the size of the club.

I want him to stay at the scum because he truly is a mediocre manager that won't take them very far but will be there just long enough for us to rise

If he stays there they'll become a stable upper mid table club and have the odd season where they finish higher.  It's basically what he's done wherever he has been irrespective of the size of the club.

When was the last time one of his teams finished "upper mid-table" or higher?

The only possible reason I can think of for appointing Allardyce is that cup football is different to league format, hence a defensive team can conceivably win a major international tournament like Greece and Portugal. That would be to ignore factors like Greece isn't likely to happen again in a hurry, and Portugal play with much more precision when in possession than any Fat sam team ever has.

I've heard justification based on Leicester winning the league as well, but that would be more comparable if Leicester won it under Nigel Pearson. Leicester didn't play hoofball under Ranieri.

If he got the England job would he have to quit the sunderland position? Seems like he can't get out of there fast enough.

Not if you are playing FIFA16 or something. But of course you can't do both a club job the England one at the same time in real life. It's a little unlike him to not have signed anyone yet, that to me would be a clear signal that he at least thinks he's on his way.

As an Englishman that would be a truly dreadful appointment, still if Roy Hodgson and Steve McClaren  can be England managers why not this complete tool ? Really the choices they've seemed to have limited themselves to because of a stupid little ingerland mentality are shocking. just offer Wenger a stack of cash, it's simple really, you want to do well in world class tournaments then hire a world class manager not a used car salesman, or whatever vocation in life these English candidates missed.

It's not necessarily a little England mentality, I think we should go for an English manager fully aware that the options are bad. Not because I think 'we tried foreign and it doesnt work' like old Ian said, I just prefer national teams to have managers from their own countries.

Just wish they'd take a punt on someone unusual rather than a below average dullard. Give it to an ex-player or something.  International football is weird, who'd have though Chris Coleman would take a small nation to a semi final? Normal rules don't always apply.

See that could work if they acknowledge the structural issues in the game and look to address them through an overhaul of the entire coaching and development philosophy in the country. Then give Howe the job and accept that we might not qualify for the next world cup but stick to the plan. Howe turns out to be shit? Change the manager by which time they'll likely be another candidate who knows the system and so on but you stick with the overall philosophy.

Tbf to HH,  I do think he has adapted his teams' playing style to make the best use of the squad's strengths. Obviously no place to hide with England, but also a squad with considerable strengths which Woy clearly didn't select for or adapt his formation to. Always pisses me off when it seems managers give too much weight to their preferred formation, irrespective of whatever advantage their current crop of players could provide; I see SMc as having been guilty of this.

Guest firetotheworks

At least I can go back to actively hating England as consolation. The squad has been quite likeable for a few years now which has made it slightly annoying when they've failed. Watching England fail under Allardyce will at least be a bit funny.

He had great difficulty setting West Ham up offensively against teams when they were down in the Championship, that'll bode well for the qualifiers where every other team will set up like that against England.

I just think it's going to be hilarious to watch, no idea what Sam is going to do. The players will absolutely hate him.

This is it for me. The players will be disgusted by him. This won't be the standard try hards he usually signs.

Imagine leaving your club where you have been working with the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho, Wenger, Conte, Klopp, Pochettino, Koeman etc. only to come and start listening to Fat Sam Allardyce scream at you during brief intervals between his gum chewing.

It's going to be a massive disaster.

He had great difficulty setting West Ham up offensively against teams when they were down in the Championship, that'll bode well for the qualifiers where every other team will set up like that against England.

I think the FA will be banking on us muddling through the qualifiers then hoping we can stonewall our way through tournaments through sheer defensive bloody mindedness and good long throw ins and set pieces. It worked for Iceland until they got thrashed by France.

Just watched the SSN montage of his career, Christ the man is pitiful.

Those quotes about needing a foreign name to get the England job. No wonder that fat twat is idolised on Queerside.

As far as I can tell Wenger, Benitez and Mourinho have all complained about his footballing ethos. The man is a dinosaur who is taking us all back to the stone age.

What are the FA thinking?

I just think it's going to be hilarious to watch, no idea what Sam is going to do. The players will absolutely hate him.

This is it for me. The players will be disgusted by him. This won't be the standard try hards he usually signs.

Imagine leaving your club where you have been working with the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho, Wenger, Conte, Klopp, Pochettino, Koeman etc. only to come and start listening to Fat Sam Allardyce scream at you during brief intervals between his gum chewing.

It's going to be a massive disaster.

:lol: Is it really down to Allardyce and Steve Bruce?