Do we play the worst football in the Premier League?

Rafalove

What I'd give for Rafa tucking those glasses into his jacket pocket after a job well done. That little head nod he does while he gets up, shakes his team's hands. No smile. Nothing. Shakes hands. Goes to his players, maybe a little wry smile to one or two of them. Claps to us fans. Gives a thumbs up. Wave. Then back down to the dressing room no doubt thinking of what he should say to his team to keep the focus up, what could be done to get a better or more comfortable result. That night he's probably already adding to his notes what he wants to work on the following day....

Fucking Bruce.

Not even that - just the fact Benitez would be on the touchline talking the players through the game.

This twat just stands there looking gormless with his hands shoved right down in his pockets - presumably giving little Steve some attention on the sly, the creep.

Genuine question about the players, notwithstanding the obvious incompetence of Bruce. Lascelles, Shelvey, Ritchie and to an extent Carroll are clearly very influential in the dressing room. Do you think they 'like' digging in against a spurs etc to spoil, play negative and nick a point? The side seem so on board with utterly rancid football that i often wonder about how much they embrace it, or if they are just genuinely useless.

The players you mention, perhaps bar Lascelles, would be grateful for getting a game in the PL in 2020, regardless of the football they play.

Not that any them would necessarily be capable of playing better football, mind.

Genuine question about the players, notwithstanding the obvious incompetence of Bruce. Lascelles, Shelvey, Ritchie and to an extent Carroll are clearly very influential in the dressing room. Do you think they 'like' digging in against a spurs etc to spoil, play negative and nick a point? The side seem so on board with utterly rancid football that i often wonder about how much they embrace it, or if they are just genuinely useless.

Kind of what I was getting at before. They must be complicit in the 'tactics' as I can't believe they spend hours training most days and still can't pass a ball to each other or move into space come match day

Football is a very simple complicated game.

Tactics are vital, but if you can't get the basics right then you look like a plum compared to anyone else...

Consider a chess analogy...I know how all the pieces are supposed to move, but if i don't use them right i'll lose before starting.

Then consider Bruceball...it doesn't appear that the players even know the basic moves. It looks like they're trying to play Draughts against Kasparov most of the time

When you line up with defenders who can't pass and a two man midfield with no legs against an opposition who will press in numbers, it's not that surprising we look clueless and overrun in every game. Bruce is like Pardew, hasn't got a clue about coaching beyond defending the ball and hoofing to a big man and this is why we play the way we do.

Even Burnley have a philosophy, it’s just an ugly one. We’re nothing. We’re not defensive, we’re not attacking, we’re not nasty, we’re not counter-attacking, we’re not gegenpressing. We have nothing about us, just eleven players thrown in a formation whether it’s 3-4-3, 4-3-3, 4-4-2 and we’re no better or worse using any of them.

Guest Howaythetoon

We don’t even qualify for this as we don’t actually play any football, at all, at any time, ever, never.

Even Burnley have a philosophy, it’s just an ugly one. We’re nothing. We’re not defensive, we’re not attacking, we’re not nasty, we’re not counter-attacking, we’re not gegenpressing. We have nothing about us, just eleven players thrown in a formation whether it’s 3-4-3, 4-3-3, 4-4-2 and we’re no better or worse using any of them.

Exactly this.

Bruce's tactics in a nutshell

giphy-downsized.gif

I have no idea if we play the worst football in the league because NUFC has eroded my enjoyment of the sport to such an extent that I'm not 100% certain I could even name all the teams in the league, never mind evaluate whether they play Bruceyball or not.