Daft questions (football edition)

Decky

• 1 month later...

When did "reserves" stop being a thing? and why are 'reserves' now called U23, but U21 in the EFL trophy?

It's different. "reserves" haven't really existed as such for some time - if clubs want to have a proper "reserve" match they'd have to organize a friendly. There was an U-21 league but they changed it to U-23 a couple of years back, but you can still give a keeper and I think three over-age outfield players a game. There's also an U-18 league and most clubs run at the very least an U-16 or U-15 team too plus ones for younger kids.

The Checkatrade rules are different - they are U-21 for the "invited" teams. I would guess that most clubs' U-23 team is predominantly U-21 eligible anyway. Another thing to consider is that the FA Youth Cup is - IIRC - U-19. You'll see slightly different teams in each competition.

Do any of you have any experience with getting tickets to games in Germany, more specifically Dortmund? Looking to go to Dortmund on the 27th of April and they're playing Schalke. A mate of mine went a couple of years ago but has been unable to reconnect with the folks that got him tickets.

Do any of you have any experience with getting tickets to games in Germany, more specifically Dortmund? Looking to go to Dortmund on the 27th of April and they're playing Schalke. A mate of mine went a couple of years ago but has been unable to reconnect with the folks that got him tickets.

That's the biggest local derby in Germany, and there's been loads of trouble previously, so I'd be surprised if it's not a massive fuck on / open to non-members at all. TaylorJ_01[/member] went a few years back if he's still alive.

Guest neesy111

No chance for the local derby.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm going over in March and a mate of mine was there last week and I'm afraid it looks like only way is to pay over the top on Viagogo.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For anyone who knows more about how football on TV and Premier League/Champions League scheduling rules than me.

The Sky announcement from February for April matches https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/11644173/live-sky-sports-premier-league-fixtures-announced-for-apri has the Liverpool/Huddersfield match moved to Friday with it possibly changing again due to CL participation. The Premier League or Liverpool site don't mention this at all. The CL fixtures during that time aren't until the midweek after, so if LFC were even in the semis moving this game would just mean moving it closer to the CL match.

Is there a reason for this, or should I just expect the Huddersfield match to be played on Friday like currently scheduled?

Who’s the most ‘British PFM’ of non-British players?

I'll show my bias and suggest Kevin Muscat was exactly in the English tradition of Julian Dicks and Razor Ruddock. Timmy Cahill did a pretty amazing "England's Frank Lampard" impression, too