Newcastle United 1 - 2 Crystal Palace - 02/02/21 - post match p20

BlueStar

Can't dislike Roy. Surely Palace won't renew but fucking hell, he's some bloke like. 73 and still doing a perfectly decent job at this level and with this intensity, plus with all the difficulties and vulnerabilities he has personally.

Can't dislike Roy. Surely Palace won't renew but f***ing hell, he's some bloke like. 73 and still doing a perfectly decent job at this level and with this intensity, plus with all the difficulties and vulnerabilities he has personally.

To be fair, tonight he looked like a strong wind in the wrong direction could finish him off :lol:

Can't dislike Roy. Surely Palace won't renew but fucking hell, he's some bloke like. 73 and still doing a perfectly decent job at this level and with this intensity, plus with all the difficulties and vulnerabilities he has personally.

... on the flip-side, this coverage. :lol: "Why would they change?" "They tried that with De Boer and look how that turned out." :anguish:

them postives though.

What ones?

A thunder bastard from Shelvey after his 1,000th attempt?

Those missed chances?

The 70 minutes of passing across the back four and to Darlow which gives us a false perspective of ‘controlling the game’ via possession stats?

It was sarcasm.

:lol: His plan of just throwing strikers on, man. Can someone tell him to fucking stop?

So thick man.

We were laughing at him for doing it with the mackems 10 years ago man, and he's still allowed to do it at PL level :anguish:

Very good first half, followed by a pathetic second half. Saints will boss us come the weekend.

I thought first half was a good continuation of the Everton game. Much quicker and sharper football than we've played all season. Nothing phenomenal but a huge improvement. We were quite unlucky to concede two goals from what seemed like nothing to be honest.

Second half just fizzled out and the substitutions were that of a child playing FIFA.

I thought first half was a good continuation of the Everton game. Much quicker and sharper football than we've played all season. Nothing phenomenal but a huge improvement. We were quite unlucky to concede two goals from what seemed like nothing to be honest.

Second half just fizzled out and the substitutions were that of a child playing FIFA.

Yeah that sums it up basically.

Yeah I was going to say. Problem at the moment is to get any kind of midfield foothold we need 3 in there. But to get the best out of our squad we really need ASM, Fraser, Almiron and Wilson all in the team and that requires a midfield two. We're desperate for at least one midfielder who can get hold of a midfield - at least physically.

Aye for all the attacking talent we've got, and for any improvements we've seen/may see with respect to our possession play and intensity off the ball - we're a country mile away from having a coherent attack. I just fail to see how Wilson, ASM, Fraser and Almiron all fit into the same line-up tbh.

Aye for all the attacking talent we've got, and for any improvements we've seen/may see with respect to our possession play and intensity off the ball - we're a country mile away from having a coherent attack. I just fail to see how Wilson, ASM, Fraser and Almiron all fit into the same line-up tbh.

Wolves away  :lol: With the added spice of Murphy as a wing back and Hendrick in the headless chicken-run-around and achieve nothing role.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was Brucey basically throwing his toys out of the pram in response to us all calling him out on his defensive limp-dick football by throwing all the attacking players into an XI as if that could actually affect anything; total failure to comprehend some detailed and effective coaching might actually be the solution to a problem he isn't even able to fix or at best see.

Screenshot-2021-02-03-Murphy-free-kick-rescues-Newcastle-point.png

Yeah I was going to say. Problem at the moment is to get any kind of midfield foothold we need 3 in there. But to get the best out of our squad we really need ASM, Fraser, Almiron and Wilson all in the team and that requires a midfield two. We're desperate for at least one midfielder who can get hold of a midfield - at least physically.

Yep. One of the biggest indictments of Bruce's supposed desire to play attacking football, to do that you really need to have midfielders who can get up and down the pitch and press the opposition high up. You can't do that with Shelvey without getting hammered on the counter.