Newcastle United 1-4 Manchester United - 17/10/2020 - post match from p18

Disco

people still think that there will be 3 teams worse than us come the end of the season?

The bottom 4 clubs.

I don't think there will be. And we are worse than those bottom 4 teams.

Burnley will start grinding out results along with Sheffield United. And we actually play worse football than West Brom and Fulham believe it or not.

We'll be right there in the mix for relegation I think, because we can't even rely on the manager picking a competent team to start matches.

That was awful to watch, but ironically, with five minutes to go, we still had a chance of snatching something. Bruce isn't going to change the tactics on the basis of that match.

Joelinton is ineffective in that position against the quality sides, where his lack of pace is shown up. I'd agree that Almiron is the better option.

Krafth is improving and at least tries to impose himself.

How does this VAR work out?

For the penalty the ref has a perfect possition and says it's no penalty. Then he checks it on the screen and decides it's a penalty when Rashford puts the ball away from our goal where there are no Man U player at all. He then starts to fall and then comes a slight touch from Lewis. That's never a penalty and you can only make it a penalty when watching it in slowmotion when the touch can look a whole lot worse than it is.

Then on their last goal it's offside but no sign to even watch it on a screen!? It's a lottery on what will be reviewed and what will not.

An absolute joke and VAR is making the game unfair and in the long run uninteresting to watch.

And then Bruce-ball on top of that!

Another game where we set up like a 3rd division side visiting a top division team in the cup wanting to avoid being exposed for being not good enough.

We have to be better than we are being allowed to play, that starts and finishes with the manager and doesn’t involve the likes of Joelinton and Hendrick keeping out Fraser and Almiron.

I’ll say it again, we should be a managers dream to play against, keep ASM quiet, pass and move and you’ll beat this lot.

I thought their last goal was offside as well.

VAR was a disgrace today.

I have said it before though, when you have corrupt and inept cunts reviewing the TV footage, the same corrupt top 6 will still get the decisions. There will be 1 or 2 thrown in against them to try and make it look balanced, but we all know it’s not.

Guest neesy111

As bad as we are, I still think we'll pick up more points than Fulham and West Brom. We'll be in the mix with the other trash to go down though.

This is it.

As bad as we are, I still think we'll pick up more points than Fulham and West Brom. We'll be in the mix with the other trash to go down though.

We've had better early fixtures.

We defend at the same level as they both do, but we are far more useless going forward.

We'll see. Think we'll plummet down the league now.

Guest neesy111

We are 4 points worse off from same set of fixtures last season so far.  We were unbeaten actually, got 11 points in them.

We've had better early fixtures.

We defend at the same level as they both do, but we are far more useless going forward.

We'll see. Think we'll plummet down the league now.

Agree with this. Going forward there’s absolutely fuck all plan.

‘Solid at the back’ is also a fucking misnomer when there’s no concept of defending from the front. It’s last ditch all the way with that fat cunt in the dugout

It bugs me that just before their second goal, Shelvey had put a decent free kick into their box, and Maguire was able to head it away from near his goal area with none of our players within five yards of him. The clearance led directly to the goal.

We do look tentative. With the players we've got, we've probably got no choice but to play defensively, but the down side is we can look too passive.

Seb Stafford-Bloor

@SebSB

·

10m

Thing I can’t shake about Newcastle: they should be so much fun. A couple of decent defenders sitting behind a group of talented, slightly reckless ball players and carriers. And yet it’s... this.

It bugs me that just before their second goal, Shelvey had put a decent free kick into their box, and Maguire was able to head it away from near his goal area with none of our players within five yards of him. The clearance led directly to the goal.

We do look tentative. With the players we've got, we've probably got no choice but to play defensively, but the down side is we can look too passive.

A fitter, more committed player than Shelvey stops the counter in their half too. Think it was VdB he allowed to nudge it on without pressure.

Seb Stafford-Bloor

@SebSB

·

10m

Thing I can’t shake about Newcastle: they should be so much fun. A couple of decent defenders sitting behind a group of talented, slightly reckless ball players and carriers. And yet it’s... this.

Saint Maximin is the talented one, Almiron the carrier, wonder who he means by the slightly reckless ball? Jonjo?

Guest neesy111

Seb Stafford-Bloor

@SebSB

·

10m

Saint Maximin is the talented one, Almiron the carrier, wonder who he means by the slightly reckless ball? Jonjo?

I want the drugs he's on if he's seeing Hendrick as a reckless ball player.