Video Assistant Referees (VAR)

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If VAR is there for clear and obvious errors

this is the main issue with it at the moment isn't it, implementation

i mean that man city goal that was disallowed, for example, was not a clear and obvious error but they decided to act on it

That’s because of the handball part of the law,

So in essence it was a clear error as the referee didn’t see it

clear and obvious is the wording, the touch with his arm was barely perceptible with VAR never mind for the ref

it was bullshit

I’m not saying it was right but I guess with the new law you could say it obviously hit his arm, on a replay

If VAR is there for clear and obvious errors

this is the main issue with it at the moment isn't it, implementation

i mean that man city goal that was disallowed, for example, was not a clear and obvious error but they decided to act on it

That’s because of the handball part of the law,

So in essence it was a clear error as the referee didn’t see it

clear and obvious is the wording, the touch with his arm was barely perceptible with VAR never mind for the ref

it was bullshit

I’m not saying it was right but I guess with the new law you could say it obviously hit his arm, on a replay

but the "obvious" part is to correct an obvious mistake, which that was not

That was one of the clearest pens I've seen. It's crazy that VAR didn't give it. Kane's natural motion is to lean in, because as a striker you lean in to push the defender away and create space for a shot. If you see every striker in the penalty area, they lean in to their defender before pulling back for a shot.

They also push back if the defender is behind them, yours saying if the defender steps aside and the forward has nothing to push back against and falls over then it's a foul ?

VAR ask the referee what he's seen. If the ref says he didn't really see if it was handball then they'll overrule.

So if the referee says he saw the handball and didn’t give a pen they would allow it?

Apparently Tielemens was a blatant red as well, another resounding success for this nonsense.

It's insane. They are basically only looking for handballs that lead to goals.

Don't forget offside shoelaces.

I didn't think it was possible but this might be the worst implementation of VAR yet, the "high bar" for intervention (except for someones armpit hair being offside) makes it both pointless and makes the var ref look even stupider for not intervening in blatantly obvious incidents

what the fuck is it for if the reffing situation is somehow worse than last season 

And yet they missed Hayden’s handball in our equalizer.

Didn't touch his hand/arm, hit the defenders hand. Hayden's left arm was under the defenders arm in his armpit.

Take this back. Clearly hit his hand.

VAR is a total joke.

:lol:

The clear and obvious thing is a joke. Refs seem to think it's not a clear and obvious error unless the attacker is murdered. Get rid of that and just ask the VAR ref if they think it's a penalty or not

And yet they missed Hayden’s handball in our equalizer.

Didn't touch his hand/arm, hit the defenders hand. Hayden's left arm was under the defenders arm in his armpit.

Take this back. Clearly hit his hand.

VAR is a total joke.

:lol:

Its absolutely bullshit that defenders get so much leeway on handballs but not vice versa though.

As I said earlier, rules completely written in defenders favour now.

That Grealish decision was a f***ing disgrace :lol: though technically i guess VAR couldn't give the goal as the ref blew before it went in the net.

Penalised for setting a goal up.

MoTD seemed to be intimating he didn't blow? Clearly could hear a whistle though.....