Video Assistant Referees (VAR)

Figures 1-0 Football
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The defender was out of control and impeded the striker so it's a foul imo. The Man City one was worse anyway, no idea how that wasn't given

Out of control yes, just seemed he impeded him by not being there to lean against when Kane thought hed have to. Why else would it not be given ?

He was laid underneath him when he went that way :lol: If you change direction and someone dives at your feet causing you to fall, it's a foul. I don't disagree that that's why it wasn't given, I'm saying it should have been given

He was laid underneath him when he went that way :lol: If you change direction and someone dives at your feet causing you to fall, it's a foul. I don't disagree that that's why it wasn't given, I'm saying it should have been given

I dont think its contact that causes Kane to fall but the lack of it.

If a defender prevents a striker from taking a shot by making a controlled, well-timed challenge (definitively taking the ball before the man) - it's a fair challenge.

If a defender prevents a striker from taking a shot by maneouvering his body in front of his opponent (being in control of the ball but without necessarily touching it) - it's a fair challenge.

If a defender prevents a striker from taking a shot by literally diving headfirst in front of his opponent, not being in control of the ball, not touching the ball, whilst impeding the striker's ability to shoot - it's a foul.

If Lascelles doesn't do what he did, Kane has an opportunity to take a clean shot; but Lascelles prevents that from happening. Kane might lean into him slightly but it doesn't mean the infringement hasn't occurred. If you're a striker, I think you're probably within your right to highlight the infringement by playing into it somewhat.

But that's not what happened in my opinion. Lascelles didn't impede him or stop him getting a shot away, Kane decided to lean and use the contact to throw himself to the floor looking for a penalty. That contact doesn't take him down without him going looking for it.

These decisions go either way. If given I doubt VAR would have over turned it, but not a clear and obvious error.

That was one of the clearest pens I've seen. It's crazy that VAR didn't give it. Kane's natural motion is to lean in, because as a striker you lean in to push the defender away and create space for a shot. If you see every striker in the penalty area, they lean in to their defender before pulling back for a shot.

If a defender prevents a striker from taking a shot by making a controlled, well-timed challenge (definitively taking the ball before the man) - it's a fair challenge.

If a defender prevents a striker from taking a shot by maneouvering his body in front of his opponent (being in control of the ball but without necessarily touching it) - it's a fair challenge.

If a defender prevents a striker from taking a shot by literally diving headfirst in front of his opponent, not being in control of the ball, not touching the ball, whilst impeding the striker's ability to shoot - it's a foul.

If Lascelles doesn't do what he did, Kane has an opportunity to take a clean shot; but Lascelles prevents that from happening. Kane might lean into him slightly but it doesn't mean the infringement hasn't occurred. If you're a striker, I think you're probably within your right to highlight the infringement by playing into it somewhat.

But that's not what happened in my opinion. Lascelles didn't impede him or stop him getting a shot away, Kane decided to lean and use the contact to throw himself to the floor looking for a penalty. That contact doesn't take him down without him going looking for it.

These decisions go either way. If given I doubt VAR would have over turned it, but not a clear and obvious error.

:thup:

Did anyone see the decisions in our game against Palace? Felt it should have been a red and a penalty. Seems to the majority opinion but others have disagreed. The penalty a bit dubious I suppose but the yellow should have definitely been a red.

That was one of the clearest pens I've seen. It's crazy that VAR didn't give it. Kane's natural motion is to lean in, because as a striker you lean in to push the defender away and create space for a shot. If you see every striker in the penalty area, they lean in to their defender before pulling back for a shot.

Just because his natural motion is to lean into a defender, it doesn’t mean that he should be given a penalty when the defender isn’t there to be leaned against.

I love how the whole debate is about if Sours should have been given a penalty for a nothing decision. Yet the fact that they should have been down to 10 men late on for a late challenge by the last man. There is nothing said about the majority of tackles in from behind against Almirón.

If VAR is there for clear and obvious errors, then it was clear and obvious that they should have had a man sent off.

Absolute horseshit

Wasn’t a pen at all, guy clearly dived on the replays

I did think it was definitely a pen on first viewing but you can see he’s going down before the contact

If VAR is there for clear and obvious errors

this is the main issue with it at the moment isn't it, implementation

i mean that man city goal that was disallowed, for example, was not a clear and obvious error but they decided to act on it

That’s because of the handball part of the law,

So in essence it was a clear error as the referee didn’t see it

If VAR is there for clear and obvious errors

this is the main issue with it at the moment isn't it, implementation

i mean that man city goal that was disallowed, for example, was not a clear and obvious error but they decided to act on it

That’s because of the handball part of the law,

So in essence it was a clear error as the referee didn’t see it

clear and obvious is the wording, the touch with his arm was barely perceptible with VAR never mind for the ref

it was bullshit

Genuinely stunned Mike Dean didn't go for one of the 3 or 4 hopeful pen shouts. Normally the self important little cunt has the whistle in his mouth and his arm pointing at the spot before the foul's taken place.

Genuinely stunned Mike Dean didn't go for one of the 3 or 4 hopeful pen shouts. Normally the self important little cunt has the whistle in his mouth and his arm pointing at the spot before the foul's taken place.

is that not a score in favour of VAR to some degree, knowing they're under so much more scrutiny might cut down on these ego calls and wild nonsense decisions