England

Yorkie

It won't be behind closed doors, in the UEFA/FIFA rules they can just fill the stadium with kids under 14 and one adult per 10 kids. Romania was supposed to have a closed doors punishment against Norway, they had over 30k in the stadium.

It won't be behind closed doors, in the UEFA/FIFA rules they can just fill the stadium with kids under 14 and one adult per 10 kids. Romania was supposed to have a closed doors punishment against Norway, they had over 30k in the stadium.

Good solution imo. Tickets were free as well and they brought a lot of kids in through charity organisations who normally wouldn't have been able to go to a match.

Bulgaria punishment from UEFA: only one game to be played behind closed doors.

2 games plus a fine.

one is suspended unless there's more racism.

This is a joke of a punishment and no wonder racism in stadiums throughout europe is clearly on the rise when punishment you face is a slap on the wrist and uefa nicely asking them not to be racist. It hasn't worked for the last 15 years why would it start working now.

Guest Howaythetoon

The simple solution is to ban them. Dropped from the Euro's, no home games for 12 months. Simple really. Except the spineless chiefs won't do it.

Doesn’t solve the issue though does it, all it does is punish the majority who these racist morons with their actions victimise too. It’s a society problem that needs big society to act tougher. There is no easy solution of course. Ban fans and players and coaches for racism, but teams from tournaments and everyone else from games? I think England acted superbly during this by playing on and showing the world that racism won’t win, can’t win. If both teams deceived to walk off of course, I’d back that. So sad this is an issue in footy of all places in 2019 which has done more than most in society especially in England to deal with racism.

The punishment needs to be strong enough to force the authorities in that country to take it seriously and proactively tackle it. This will do fuck all, the Bulgarian FA will brush it off and move on.

The simple solution is to ban them. Dropped from the Euro's, no home games for 12 months. Simple really. Except the spineless chiefs won't do it.

Doesn’t solve the issue though does it, all it does is punish the majority who these racist morons with their actions victimise too. It’s a society problem that needs big society to act tougher. There is no easy solution of course. Ban fans and players and coaches for racism, but teams from tournaments and everyone else from games? I think England acted superbly during this by playing on and showing the world that racism won’t win, can’t win. If both teams deceived to walk off of course, I’d back that. So sad this is an issue in footy of all places in 2019 which has done more than most in society especially in England to deal with racism.

Football authorities are not there to solve the issue - but they should be doing more to minimize it, a lot more. If that means that they kick some country out of a major competition, then so be it. The punishment needs to send through to society a message of the extent of the problem and that it will not be tolerated.

In the context of finding a better punishments for racism in football, the enjoyment of the majority is not more important than the racist abuse that the players/fans get. 

The Bendtner thing is a bit of a red herring as it was the amount he was paid by PP.

You mean he wasn't fined more to take into account the other aspects of his case? i.e, legal fees, administrative fees, etc. Not to mention... a 'punishment' fee!

Guest Howaythetoon

Football authorities are not there to solve the issue - but they should be doing more to minimize it, a lot more. If that means that they kick some country out of a major competition, then so be it. The punishment needs to send through to society a message of the extent of the problem and that it will not be tolerated.

In the context of finding a better punishments for racism in football, the enjoyment of the majority is not more important than the racist abuse that the players/fans get. 

I don’t disagree really, I just think these acts of punishment are just that and do nothing long term to help deal with the real issues. I like what Evra said about Suarez, he said he would rather he was sent on some racial awareness or educational programme to be educated than banned because if he was a racist before, he’s going to still be a racist after his ban, only he’d hide it.

FIFA and UEFA and all FAs really need to create some kind of programmes that nations especially whose clubs, teams, players and fans etc. have been guilty of racism or have shown to have a problem must join and get involved with in order to be educated, because whether we here in England like it or not, not every nation or people is as tolerant as we are and we don’t hold the moral high ground here which you’d think we did with some of the outrage when it comes to the topic of racism. Most recently for example with a Man City player’s tweets regarding a black player, which might be deemed racist and offensive to us here but isn’t the kind of issue with racism facing others elsewhere, least of all those at the centre such as the players themselves.

I’m not sure if this still happens but Show Racism The Red Card and Kick It Out used to visit schools in the NE regularly and that’s the kind of thing I personally feel the game in countries who aren’t as multicultural-cultural as we are or aren’t as proactive at dealing with the issue of racism as we are, will or could benefit the most. Again, we have to remember, some nations and people are a few years behind the likes of England, right or wrong. And we shouldn’t just condemn a whole nation or a national team based on the mindless racism of a few idiots on the stands.

Ironically, these idiots draw out more idiots in response who end up getting away with displaying their own prejudices and intolerance when proclaiming the likes of Bulgarians as backward, commie neo Nazi hooligans, uncivilised people. By banning everyone from a few games, that’s effectively the statement UEFA may as well be making.

I like to think I’m well traveled and have encountered lots of different cultures and racism I find isn’t inherently ingrained in anyone no matter their race or nationality, it’s a mixture of century or more cultural prejudices, fear and in the most part, lack of co-interaction and integration socially, sexually, and especially religiously with other races and nationalities and we are not immune to that here in England hence why Muslims for example even now, can become isolated and separated in terms off all inclusive inclusion within society.

That said, it’s not something that can just be fixed overnight and not by the game, it’s more about how society itself as a whole evolves to become more inclusive, more tolerant, less prejudiced, more as one, black or white, Christian or Muslim, African or Brit. In the context of time as humans, we are still in nappies and as long as most strive to get along and become more humanist towards each other and our environment and not the animals our DNA traces us back to, we’ll get there eventually. Not this decade or the next though and maybe it will take another thousand years.

By then I’ll be dead so what do I care...

In the meantime educate your kids, mix socially and sexually with other races, other nationalities, travel lots and don’t look down on and judge those behind trying or still yet to catch up just because you have!

IMO anyway!

There's no arguing education plays a pivotal role, but the problems in Bulgaria are clearly systemic and deep - witness the officials denying or downplaying Nazi salutes and choruses of monkey chants. Expelling Bulgaria from the Qualifying campaign tells the FAs that they need to take action to clear steps to ending widespread racism in terraces and stands.

One match behind closed doors as a few euros in fines is probably worse than no punishment at all - it's so trivial as to be meaningless.

If I was Raheem Sterling, I'd be writing out the cheque for Bulgaria's fine and posting it in to draw attention to how fucking insulting it is.

Guest Howaythetoon

There's no arguing education plays a pivotal role, but the problems in Bulgaria are clearly systemic and deep - witness the officials denying or downplaying Nazi salutes and choruses of monkey chants. Expelling Bulgaria from the Qualifying campaign tells the FAs that they need to take action to clear steps to ending widespread racism in terraces and stands.

One match behind closed doors as a few euros in fines is probably worse than no punishment at all - it's so trivial as to be meaningless.

If I was Raheem Sterling, I'd be writing out the cheque for Bulgaria's fine and posting it in to draw attention to how fucking insulting it is.

Give racists footballers wages!

Jamaal is never getting into the England squad :lol:

He only will if he scores a few goals and the media then over hype him- see van dijk

Van dijk isn't overhyped

He is a bit

My point being that scoring goals as a defender suddenly makes you a better defender in the media’s eyes