Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Hiya lads and lasses, I don't know if any of you fine folk have seen or heard of this new group? Basically we are a group of lads who reside in the 'Strawberry Corner' who by the means of True Faith (although independent) have got together to form a group dedicated to making 'The Corner' and adjacent Gallowgate a cauldron of noise and colour! It would be great if you could take the time to have a look at our website and Twitter and you will see what we are trying to achieve, at present we have great plans but are still awaiting clarification as to what the club will allow, for example, size of sticks and poles for the banners. This is in no way an ultras group (if we were then the club wouldn't allow us to make bigger flags like we are aiming to do), simply a group of NUFC fanatics who want to wave flags and banners and create a cacophany of noise! Cheers.

Twitter: @worflags

Good luck with it.

I can't help but think that the club would be against this sort of thing, sounds great when things are going right, but those banners could easily be turned into Ashley out ones.

I really hope the club allow us some sort of freedom, it could be quite a spectacle if our plans come to fruition . Most of the designs are really positive and reflect not only pride in our club but with the city and our fans. I can't stress enough that any political or personal abuse of the owner will result in this venture ceasing immediately . This is purely NUFC fans hoping to make SJP a fortress of noise and colour (in a monochrome sense).

I really hope the club allow us some sort of freedom, it could be quite a spectacle if our plans come to fruition . Most of the designs are really positive and reflect not only pride in our club but with the city and our fans. I can't stress enough that any political or personal abuse of the owner will result in this venture ceasing immediately . This is purely NUFC fans hoping to make SJP a fortress of noise and colour (in a monochrome sense).

Great idea. I am in the other end of the Gallowgate but would love to see this. Will chip in to help get you started.

Best of luck to you fellas. I've got my season ticket back for next season and although I couldn't get back into the corner I've managed to get pretty near to it and I'll be joining in with whatever you do. Ideally the rest of the stand will get involved as well because the noise is immense when the whole of the Gallowgate are all up and singing together.

Hiya lads and lasses, I don't know if any of you fine folk have seen or heard of this new group? Basically we are a group of lads who reside in the 'Strawberry Corner' who by the means of True Faith (although independent) have got together to form a group dedicated to making 'The Corner' and adjacent Gallowgate a cauldron of noise and colour! It would be great if you could take the time to have a look at our website and Twitter and you will see what we are trying to achieve, at present we have great plans but are still awaiting clarification as to what the club will allow, for example, size of sticks and poles for the banners. This is in no way an ultras group (if we were then the club wouldn't allow us to make bigger flags like we are aiming to do), simply a group of NUFC fanatics who want to wave flags and banners and create a cacophany of noise! Cheers.

Twitter: @gallowgateflags

Good luck mate! If we can even just replicate the noise from the last match of the season then teams are going to be on the back foot straight away!

Hi, just to let you all know that we've arranged a meeting with the club about what we can and can't do, sorry it's been a bit quiet for a few days but we need to know what is allowed . I've had a few questions about the funding page ,again we are waiting clarification from the club until we activate it as we don't want to ask for money when we don't know precisely what it's for ! The meeting is scheduled for Tuesday so hopefully we'll have some positive news then .

Noise and songs>>>>>shit flags

Make it unique don't follow the many others, predominately lower league like us, with their wannabe ultra corners/ends.

The only NUFC flag should be an old style surfer the size of half the stand like the early when Sky invented football years.

Noise and songs>>>>>shit flags

Make it unique don't follow the many others, predominately lower league like us, with their wannabe ultra corners/ends.

The only NUFC flag should be an old style surfer the size of half the stand like the early when Sky invented football years.

Good luck. Ask the club for a donation, some megaphones and a thousand flares. Then say you'd be happy with just a donation....

It'd be interesting to know if the club would actively contribute to the flags and the idea and not use the meeting to lay down a set of rules that would ruin what you're trying to create.

The meeting is mainly about the use of poles and sticks for flags, at present we are led to believe the limit is 0.5 m , this would be extremely limiting! I can't speak for the whole group but I would personally prefer it all to be fan funded only. We also need to establish somewhere to store the flags and banners .Again this is no way an ultras type thing, it's purely a group of fans who want to attempt to recreate the atmosphere at the Spurs game for every game, it might not work but we can only try !!

Hi, just to let you all know that we've arranged a meeting with the club about what we can and can't do, sorry it's been a bit quiet for a few days but we need to know what is allowed . I've had a few questions about the funding page ,again we are waiting clarification from the club until we activate it as we don't want to ask for money when we don't know precisely what it's for ! The meeting is scheduled for Tuesday so hopefully we'll have some positive news then .

How did it go then?

How did it go then?

Too busy signing players to have a meeting about flags i guess.

How did it go then?

Too busy signing players to have a meeting about flags i guess.

Hugely positive meeting with the club today by all accounts.

Right chaps, one of our group had a meeting today with the fans liason and health and safety officers and I'm delighted, nay buzzing, to report that the club are 100% behind us! They have no restrictions on the size of poles and sticks, so large 'Kop style' flags are absolutely fine. They are really keen to get a better atmosphere and hope that displays etc would help get fans into the ground earlier to improve the atmosphere. They will provide storage free and are basically going to help in any way they can, they also want us to choose the prematch soundtracks to get the ground rocking! Again we must point out that any pyros (flares, smokebombs etc) are completely a non starter. They also pointed out that they (and we) would like all flags and banners to be pro NUFC and pride in our city, region and not targeted at opposition teams and fans.

Please note our last donations page was Just Giving but as we weren't a charity we weren't allowed to use it, therefore we are now using this site www.gofundme.com/gallowgateflags - any donations would be greatly appreciated, along with following/sharing our twitter page at @gallowgateflags.

Many thanks.