Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

while minor in the grand scheme of things have to wonder at the fate of lower league clubs if they have to go behind closed doors, budgets for most of them are tight already without taking out gate reciepts and potentially have to refund a portion of season ticket money

while minor in the grand scheme of things have to wonder at the fate of lower league clubs if they have to go behind closed doors, budgets for most of them are tight already without taking out gate reciepts and potentially have to refund a portion of season ticket money

Read a couple of days ago without support at least a couple will be totally fucked. Would be huge PR if the PL stepped in, i doubt it’d happen though.

Depending on how long this whole virus thing rages it could be a huge decision for UEFA. Fuck the Euros off and extend the seasons and lose out on a trousering of cash? Or prioritise the Euros and ask the leagues to sort their own shit out which has complications as far as the eye can see?

I can't see how they don't suspend the Euros, especially with all the

host  cities spread. Also, the cash aspect - surely long term they make more holding it at a time when there isn't a pandemic raging.

I was assuming rights, sponsorship deals etc have already been signed and who knows by July it might (I mean it won’t be but you never know) be OK to play.

Fans attending <<<< those deals. As long as they could have the players safe...

host  cities spread. Also, the cash aspect - surely long term they make more holding it at a time when there isn't a pandemic raging.

I was assuming rights, sponsorship deals etc have already been signed and who knows by July it might (I mean it won’t be but you never know) be OK to play.

Possibly (I'm no expert). Can't help think it would be political suicide for them to do that. You'd like to think there'd be contract breaks in such big deals.

Most of the games are in June though aren’t they?

Find it somewhat depressing that it took a global pandemic to get an empty St James' Park.

On a more serious note I'm incredibly worried for some lower league teams. God knows how many are going to be very badly affected by this.

Meanwhile on a completely selfish level in absolutely gutted that I won't be going to the Euros. Can't remember the last time I looked forward to something this much. :lol: Ah well, this is the situation.

Find it somewhat depressing that it took a global pandemic to get an empty St James' Park.

On a more serious note I'm incredibly worried for some lower league teams. God knows how many are going to be very badly affected by this.

Meanwhile on a completely selfish level in absolutely gutted that I won't be going to the Euros. Can't remember the last time I looked forward to something this much. :lol: Ah well, this is the situation.

Same I got tickets and then the world collapses

Typical

Hopefully they transfer them

Still think it’s unlikely that the Euros will be cancelled/moved. Too much money involved and they dont give a shit about anyone’s health. Some countries will say that they wont host and UEFA will move the matches to another city. Im sure Russia will gladly host as many games as possible....

On a slightly different slant, I think letting Cheltenham go ahead was the most irresponsible decision in all this - 60000 pissed up punters per day, all crammed into a racecourse.

Horse racing is frequented by the royal family, and MP’s. Both would likely have horses involved in the races and companies associated with the event. There was no chance of them cancelling it.

On a slightly different slant, I think letting Cheltenham go ahead was the most irresponsible decision in all this - 60000 pissed up punters per day, all crammed into a racecourse.

Horse racing is frequented by the royal family, and MP’s. Both would likely have horses involved in the races and companies associated with the event. There was no chance of them cancelling it.

Exactly. Can't have the Queen upset now can we?