Newcastle United 1-3 Liverpool - 26/07/20 post match from pg9

Disco

NUFC.com listed details of each planned protest, boycott, etc. They didn't encourage or discourage other fans participation. They don't claim to be the voice of the fans.

Nobody would expect anything of them if their website was Niall&Biffa.co.uk rather than NUFC.com.

It isn’t called that though.

After BBC it's always the first place I check for genuine information.

Admittedly they used to do a lot more speculation especially with transfers and the like, but generally now if it's on .com it's what's happened or something that's very likely too

:lol:

Like when they posted how the takeover was happening?  :lol:

Not perfect but usually more accurate than Sky or Twitter

I suppose the wider argument is that because of that domain name they have a certain profile, that despite their reach - they aren’t apparently prepared to use for assisting protest despite obvious grievances. I like it fwiw it’s pretty balanced and given the way the infighting has gone 1st hand, I don’t blame their hesitance. Could they do more? Probably. Should they feel compelled? Not really. It’s a fine to tread mind if you have grievances the manner they do.

Not sure what point you're trying to make. Are you annoyed because their website is called NUFC.com or are you annoyed because they wrote something you don't agree with? To be annoyed at either is pretty pathetic, mind.

Who said i was annoyed? 

I just pointed out they love a whinge but aren’t prepared to use their influence to do anything about it.  That’s pathetic if you ask me.

I’ve never been annoyed about it, i just decided to avoid their website a good while ago because of it.  Same with The Chronicle.

It's just two blokes who post match reports. It's you who is putting them up on a pedestal (because they had the idea to get the NUFC.com website address back in the early days of the internet) not them. If they'd sold the NUFC.com domain name to the club back when they came calling you probably wouldn't expect anything of them. If they had decided to be "the voice of the fans" there would be plenty of NUFC fans saying "they don't speak for me".

I've been really disappointed at them in the past for not contributing more to the only fight worth having; the fight against Ashley. From the point of view of an 'activist', in the fight against Ashley you're either with us or against us. You're either actively helpful or actively unhelpful.

NUFC.com is an incredible resource and a truly brilliant, brilliant football website. But whether or not Niall and Biffa went into it with the intention of being the club's most significant 'fanzine' or being globally recognised; they've got the reach and the capacity to bring the online presence together that the protest groups could only dream of. That they've chosen not to use that, even when the club's very life-force has been on a cliff edge, has been really galling to me in the past. And I'd hold the True Geordie to the same account. These people have got colossal voices compared to the rest of the fanbase but done nothing useful with it (when it comes to this individual matter).

As I say, it's a wonderful website and the effort those lads have put into it is quite remarkable. And they've done other things than just write match reports. They contribute to the community too, and their nod to Cajun from here when he passed away was hugely appreciated. Id go as far as to say that they've had a genuine and positive contribution to my very supporting of the club, and I'd be heartbroken if the website were ever to disappear; they're that significant. But the stubborn refusal to join in the attempts to thwart the regime, given the potential to make a difference, has bordered on negligent imo.

Bit extreme I know but the club is literally dying.