Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

I literally can't get my head round any fan who wouldn't want Ben Arfa in their team. It's just stupid, why do you watch football?

It's really not stupid at all to not like one player that you like. If Ben Arfa at least tried to perform even every other week, I wouldn't object to him.

:lol: Absolutely clueless man, just ignore the daft sod.

I literally can't get my head round any fan who wouldn't want Ben Arfa in their team. It's just stupid, why do you watch football?

It's really not stupid at all to not like one player that you like. If Ben Arfa at least tried to perform even every other week, I wouldn't object to him.

I mean fair enough, everyone is entitled to their own likes and dislikes. It's just so exciting every time he gets the ball, and he does things that nobody else can do.

For me it doesn't matter if he turns up to the game with a bucket of KFC, as long as he can still accelerate off the spot and leave defenders looking stupid.

If he was still here, he'd have stopped putting in any effort by Christmas and you know it!

So like the rest of the team, aye?

Pretty much. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, if he was still here, it would make literally no difference to our league position.

You honestly don't think he could have won us a game in this wretched run we have?

Probably not. If everyone else doesn't give a monkey's then I don't get why the master of not giving a monkey's would be any different. Especially if his time at Hull is anything to go by. Also find it bizarre that people would think players like  Marveaux would have saved us.

If he was still here, he'd have stopped putting in any effort by Christmas and you know it!

So like the rest of the team, aye?

Pretty much. Basically, what I'm trying to say is, if he was still here, it would make literally no difference to our league position.

You honestly don't think he could have won us a game in this wretched run we have?

Probably not. If everyone else doesn't give a monkey's then I don't get why the master of not giving a monkey's would be any different. Especially if his time at Hull is anything to go by. Also find it bizarre that people would think players like  Marveaux would have saved us...

This guy. What an absolute plum.

Give me the excitement and potential of Ben Arfa any day over the likes of Colback and Gouff.

I don't remember him ever looking not bothered. I remember him looking frustrated at not being passed to, I remember him losing the ball trying to, you know, make things happen and that. I feel sorry for you if Ben Arfa didn't inspire a modicum of excitement in you.

55 starts

14 goals

13 assists

Absolute shite and I'm glad we binned him off!

Extrapolated over a season, that's about 9 of each, yet none of them would have changed a single result.

It never ceases to amaze me how Alan Pardew managed to convince so many people that Ben Arfa wasn't good enough for us. Absolutely staggering.

You know, just because I wasn't Ben Arfa's biggest fan doesn't mean I rate Pardew and hang on his every word...

I don't think I've seen one of our players actually beat someone out wide since this guy left the club.

But hey, I guess that doesn't matter, as long as they're all tracking back. That has served both ourselves and Hull very very well.

55 starts

14 goals

13 assists

So, on average, every second game he's having a key influence by either setting one up or scoring one.

Aye - fuck all difference like.

Puller.

55 starts

14 goals

13 assists

Extrapolated over a season, that's about 9 of each, yet none of them would have changed a single result.

We've scored 38 goals this season man. What more do you want. Thats a goal every game! (Assuming we don't score vs West Ham!)

It never ceases to amaze me how Alan Pardew managed to convince so many people that Ben Arfa wasn't good enough for us. Absolutely staggering.

You know, just because I wasn't Ben Arfa's biggest fan doesn't mean I rate Pardew and hang on his every word...

Yet you're perpetuating his fabricated nonsense?

So your basing your opinion from actually watching him play then? I find that very difficult to believe when he was often the only source of any creativity or ingenuity in the whole side.

Not only was he one of our best players, he was absolutely indispensable. I would have asked the full back on his side to not venture past halfway if it meant him staying in the side, and then have a midfielder cover for him defensively if need be. You know why? Because he was that vital for us.

Then they ask the crowd to stick with the team, and make some noise in the stadium. Ben Arfa got them doing that all by himself, with some of his play. But let's all forget that ever happened, because Pardew said.

Honestly, this stuff is so difficult to stomach. Pardew will suffer multiple atrocities for the nonsense he has got away with in his time here. He will suffer terribly in due time.

So your basing your opinion from actually watching him play then? I find that very difficult to believe when he was often the only source of any creativity or ingenuity in the whole side.

Not only was he one of our best players, he was absolutely indispensable. I would have asked the full back on his side to not venture past halfway if it meant him staying in the side, and then have a midfielder cover for him defensively if need be. You know why? Because he was that vital for us.

Please accept that I think he's a talented player who was a joy to watch when he played well, but never contributed anywhere near enough (in my humble opinion) to be revered to the extent that he is. I do not believe he would have made a significant positive impact on us this season (as he didn't last year or this year at Hull). Please also accept I am not an agent of Pardew, I can think for myself and wanted that bellend sacked while most of our fans were still going on about 'stability'. That's all I'm saying about it, I regret ever stating my unpopular (on this forum) opinion.

Depends on your definition of significant, doesn't it?

2 points would be pretty fucking signficiant right now. And I for one reckon we'd have 2 points more if HBA was in our squad.

Please accept that I think he's a talented player who was a joy to watch when he played well, but never contributed anywhere near enough (in my humble opinion) to be revered to the extent that he is. I do not believe he would have made a significant positive impact on us this season (as he didn't last year or this year at Hull). Please also accept I am not an agent of Pardew, I can think for myself and wanted that bellend sacked while most of our fans were still going on about 'stability'. That's all I'm saying about it, I regret ever stating my unpopular (on this forum) opinion.

"At 15 and already labelled a prodigy, Ben Arfa joined Lyon, a club which had just won its first ever Ligue 1 championship. In August 2004, after spending two years in the youth divisions of the Lyon academy, he signed his first professional contract agreeing to a three-year deal, despite late interest from English club Chelsea and Dutch outfit Ajax."

But that doesn't matter in your world because Sammy scored against Spurs and Obertan against Leicester. Wonder who was scouting them at 15?

"At 15 and already labelled a prodigy, Ben Arfa joined Lyon, a club which had just won its first ever Ligue 1 championship. In August 2004, after spending two years in the youth divisions of the Lyon academy, he signed his first professional contract agreeing to a three-year deal, despite late interest from English club Chelsea and Dutch outfit Ajax."

But that doesn't matter in your world because Sammy scored against Spurs and Obertan against Leicester. Wonder who was scouting them at 15?

OK, I said I wouldn't say anything else but I'll bite. I don't care about him in 2004. Let's look at the clubs who've been interested in him lately, Hull and Nice.

No matter how many times I say I can't stand Sammy, Obertan or Pardew, I obviously must secretly love them all just because I don't think the sun shines out of Hatem's arse.

He didn't earn us two points (I.e. A significant contribution in the current context, given that you claim we'd be in the same situation) in the whole of last season? Are you sure about that? Seem to remember him coming off the bench late against Palace and crossing for Cisse to score.

And scoring the only goal against Fulham at home.

And both scoring and setting up the only goals away at Villa.

None of that was worth the two points we're talking about?