The unpopular football opinion thread

Deuce

Guest firetotheworks

The only time I've been annoyed is when Shearer says it, he should know better.  Not bothered about rest of the media, man utd are the biggest football club in the world so they will always get more coverage etc and it's been attached to them.

That's exactly the point, and people don't like it. None of this differentiation between them and Man City excuse.

The only time I've been annoyed is when Shearer says it, he should know better.  Not bothered about rest of the media, man utd are the biggest football club in the world so they will always get more coverage etc and it's been attached to them.

Is biggest football club in the world merely most foreign fans/best marketing team now? :lol:

Is biggest football club in the world merely most foreign fans/best marketing team now? :lol:

In purely monetary terms, they’re the most valuable club in the world.

In purely monetary terms, they’re the most valuable club in the world.

Real Madrid have won 10 more European Cups than them, its still a sport at the end of the day. Both Barca and Real Madrid are bigger IMO. If a player has the choice of the 3 he isn't going to pick Man Utd

Guest chicken little

Trying to imagine a conversation somewhere in Newcastle where somebody asks "are you going to watch United at the weekend?" or "did you see how United got on the other day?" or "do you think United are going to buy anybody in the window" and it being readily understood that they are talking about NUFC.

Dunno if I'm missing a trick but the only time I really hear us refer to us as a singular United is if you're giving it clap-clap-clap afterwards.

Guest neesy111

The same Real Madrid that had the support of a dictator in the 50's and 60's.  Man utd have the most supporters worldwide and have since the munich air disaster, imo they are biggest club and by a distance.

The same Real Madrid that had the support of a dictator in the 50's and 60's.  Man utd have the most supporters worldwide and have since the munich air disaster, imo they are biggest club and by a distance.

That's irrelevant. Is fans all that matters to you then in terms of biggest clubs? I would have thought winning things and being more attractive to players would be more important

• 3 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

He's an attention seeking little dweeb and often has some absolute stinkers, particularly in our matches, but I still can't help but like Mike Dean's antics, especially when I'm neutral, and think that he's generally a good referee.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest firetotheworks

The criticism and abuse all of our players (but particularly Joselu) get/got is totally over the top, completely misplaced, embarrassing, and not at all in keeping with the 'demand(ing) a club that tries'

ethos. There's not a single one of them that doesn't work for the shirt and the jip they get for not being good enough while trying their best is embarrassing.

The criticism and abuse all of our players (but particularly Joselu) get/got is totally over the top, completely misplaced, embarrassing, and not at all in keeping with the 'demand(ing) a club that tries'

ethos. There's not a single one of them that doesn't work for the shirt and the jip they get for not being good enough while trying their best is embarrassing.

Yep

• 3 months later...

Football is worse off with Mourinho not managing.

No doubt he’ll be back soon, but it feels like he’s somehow underrated. Probably because he’s an arsehole.