Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Alot better today so fair do's. Needs to keep this level of performance up - as stated before, without pace and trickery he has to consistently produce end product in some form to justify being in the team in his position. Happy for us and him if he does.

Alot better today so fair do's. Needs to keep this level of performance up - as stated before, without pace and trickery he has to consistently produce end product in some form to justify being in the team in his position. Happy for us and him if he does.

The biggest thing he will give us this year is commitment. That's often used to justify a poor player, but don't mean it like that, this season we need players who are going to drag us through games where we're not playing well and ritchies competitiveness and work ethic is probably the best in this division. He hates losing, and I'd rather have someone like him this season than a wijnaldum who will dissappear when things aren't going well.

I'd be concerned for his heart if he was to keep that level of effort up every week. :lol: MOTM for me, without a doubt.

Reminded me of that time Scott Parker ran himself to physical exhaustion and just had to lie by the touchline for a minute :lol:

Think that might have been in a home game against Arsenal. Didn't he end up with a big lump of cotton wool in his mouth after taking an elbow in the mush for the cause?  :lol:

After watching the game back i thought he was absolutely brilliant and was a huge factor in the win.  He made 2 goals and also worked his bollocks off.  There was a moment in the 1st half (at 0-0 i think) when West Ham put a dangerous cross in from the right and he sprinted about 15-20 yards to attack the ball before anyone else could - top quality awareness and attitude, you wouldn't lose many games in you had 11 players like that.  He should be captain, not just cos of yesterday but cos of the countless times he dragged us through games last season.

I think his closing down of opposition players is exceptional, what a little pest he must be to play against. I'm not sure he's a natural wide man, but I'll bet he's the first name down on the sheet for Rafa.

I had a bit of a go at him cos his first three performances this season were peripheral to shite, but yesterday was more like the Ritchie we have seen a lot more often. Great energy utlised in the right places, with a sprinkling of quality.

Hope he's now match fit and keeps it up. :thup:

I'd be concerned for his heart if he was to keep that level of effort up every week. :lol: MOTM for me, without a doubt.

Reminded me of that time Scott Parker ran himself to physical exhaustion and just had to lie by the touchline for a minute :lol:

Think that might have been in a home game against Arsenal. Didn't he end up with a big lump of cotton wool in his mouth after taking an elbow in the mush for the cause?  :lol:

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/graeme-souness-of-newcastle-checks-on-his-injured-player-scott-parker-picture-id56411751?s=612x612

Souness looking at him as though he's thinking, "There's nowt fucking the matter with you, get up". :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, he swallowed a tooth iirc. Say what you want about Parker, he used to genuinely graft his arse off.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favourite players from recent times.  He'll pick up at least a couple of suspensions this season though.  He plays with a very high intensity so he's always gona go in a bit too hard or a bit late, which i don't have a problem with cos you'd lose half the player it you tried to take that away from his game.  Sorry for the cliche but i think it's definitely relevant here.