Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Anyone else been disappointed with him for the majority of the season? Considering the price we paid for him and his record for Bournemouth, I can't really remember him making a major impact in any game.

Has his role changed much for us from what he was doing at Bournemouth?

Anyone else been disappointed with him for the majority of the season? Considering the price we paid for him and his record for Bournemouth, I can't really remember him making a major impact in any game.

Has his role changed much for us from what he was doing at Bournemouth?

The odd flash here and there but I expected better in all honesty, especially as he was utterly dominant the last time he played in this league.

He was utter gash today and capped it off with an awful miss.

I like him and he's been good on the whole, but he's nothing special. He isn't quick enough to be and I can't see him having much of an impact next season if we were to go up. But in the mean time he's a key player and one of the first names on the teamsheet.

I have found him to be a good all round player. Tries to do it all though, instead of adapting a role and sticking to it.

For example if we kept Townsend instead, he would have been wide right and he would have no doubt kept to the duties of a winger type, probably more direct and cutting in takes more efforts from range and at the goal probably score more.

Ritchie hasn't been very good infront of goal. In games i have watched hes missed a fair few easy finishes.

But all in all he offers more as a team player than someone like Townsend who would be more selfish i think.

Guest Howaythetoon

Needs to start scoring more. He's far too good for this league, but isn't exactly showing it. Mind, Rafa's cautious approach doesn't help his own game as he spends more time or just as much defending his own defensive flank than actually attacking at the other end.

Having Dummett and Gouffran primarily on the other side allows opposition to shuffle over, leave him in space, and crowd our right hand side because they can assume that 90% of the time those two are going to offer very little in open play. Was the same when it was José and Jonás.

It doesn't make sense more due to the fact that Dummett & Gouffran are a reasonable threat at this level. Ritchie hasn't been crowded out, his form has just dipped.

Has it really dipped? He's basically been no better than average in every game and that's being kind.

It doesn't make sense more due to the fact that Dummett & Gouffran are a reasonable threat at this level. Ritchie hasn't been crowded out, his form has just dipped.

Has it really dipped? He's basically been no better than average in every game and that's being kind.

I mean, I can't be arsed to think about every match in detail, but came away from a good few of the early games in the season thinking he'd had a quality match. Hasn't happened for a while.

Statistically a lot more of our attacks come down the right side like, so teams will naturally focus more on Ritchie than Gouffran.

I think his form is more down to the team just working better as a unit though, Gayle, Shelvey & Ritchie were basically winning us games on their own at one point so they looked superhuman, now they seem a lot quieter yet we're still winning (obviously Gayle is still being a beast up top).