Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

He's miles more involved and effective on the right

Aye he has been for us, funny thing is i dont think it's going to matter if he's left or right from a crossing point of view, if you have two good fullbacks providing crosses as well. I would give him freedom to roam a bit, coming in from the right. Thinking we have a good player on the left doing the same, imagine that plus two overlapping full backs.  :drool:

He's actually been fairly quiet last 3-4 games going forward after playing more positively in the two games we lost. Guessing Rafa has asked him to change for the team.

certainly was yesterday i thought

Same type of performance down Bristol and against Reading & Brighton. Fulham and his 2nd half cameo against Huddersfield have been his best games.

He's actually been fairly quiet last 3-4 games going forward after playing more positively in the two games we lost. Guessing Rafa has asked him to change for the team.

Same type of performance down Bristol and against Reading & Brighton. Fulham and his 2nd half cameo against Huddersfield have been his best games.

He was excellent against Reading though ???

He was excellent against Reading though ???

Not for me he wasn't. 7/10 maybe. I like him though.

He was our 2nd best player against Reading and was involved in 2 goals so for you to say he was quiet seems a bit odd. Especially as everyone else (and me) is saying he was excellent. I know football is all about opinions but he definitely wasn't quiet against Reading

I mean, you said this after the Reading game :lol:

Early days but possibly the obvious captain.

That's why I said last 3 or 4 games as I don't think he played in the Cup. Last 3 he was fairly quiet. Reading he was 7/10 and looked our obvious captain but wasn't excellent :thup:

He's not got much pace so he finds it difficult to get behind defenders, I think we might see him look a whole lot more effective when he's teamed with a pacy full back who can overlap. That will open up the pitch for him to cut inside and do what he does best. His delivery when he does get in a good position is excellent, we just need to create more opportunity for him to show it.

Take it this guy was class last night, anyone who was there?

Yeah.  He was outshone by Shelvey and Perez going forward.  But his touch and delivery, are just delightful.  The first time ball for Perez was superb and his corners were a threat all night.  At one point, Hayden fizzed a 40 yard diagonal to him.  He was under a bit of pressure and right on the touchline.  Killed it stone dead on his chest and laid it back to Dummett.  :o  Had a great 25 yarder that Smithies tipped over.   

Pretty clever with his passing and movement, too.  Nothing that we didn't already know  O0

Take it this guy was class last night, anyone who was there?

Yeah.  He was outshone by Shelvey and Perez going forward.  But his touch and delivery, are just delightful.  The first time ball for Perez was superb and his corners were a threat all night.  At one point, Hayden fizzed a 40 yard diagonal to him.  He was under a bit of pressure and right on the touchline.  Killed it stone dead on his chest and laid it back to Dummett.  :o  Had a great 25 yarder that Smithies tipped over.   

Pretty clever with his passing and movement, too.  Nothing that we didn't already know  O0

Absolutely love it when footballers receive a ball and kill it stone dead. Just lush skill. (ie: HBA v Stoke)