Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Reckon we all missed a trick on the captaincy. Richie should be first in line. Does everything the right way. He was shouting at our defence too.

A winger isn't really the right position for it imo, but I know your point.

Ritchie and Gayle showing that when you spend good money on (proven) players, you get good players, fwiw. Need to crack on and sign a couple more.

Aye it's not ideal. Could see Hayden getting the armband too for that matter. He's a presence.

O0 Leader and a winner. Lifts our Premiership trophy in 2019.  :booze:

Sensibly factored in a season of consolidation after promotion there, unrealistic expectations my arse.

Reckon we all missed a trick on the captaincy. Richie should be first in line. Does everything the right way. He was shouting at our defence too.

Should probably stop saying people should be captain after a few games tbh

Aye it's not ideal. Could see Hayden getting the armband too for that matter. He's a presence.

O0 Leader and a winner. Lifts our Premiership trophy in 2019.  :booze:

Sensibly factored in a season of consolidation after promotion there, unrealistic expectations my arse.

On reflection, prophecy would have worked better if put back a year. Could have said something about 2020 vision...

Can't understand why the captaincy is being discussed, the poll outlined the majority of this forum totally behind Jamal Lascelles.

Most online media polls also, you asked any fan in the pub, they all said the same.

A shakey start to the season, and now he's not fit to be captain?

Can't understand, why the captaincy is being discussed, the poll outlined the majority of this forum totally behind Jamal Lascelles.

Most online media polls also, you asked any fan in the pub, they all said the same.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-po2g47UJEDI/VFFjZL5LabI/AAAAAAAAP2M/G_UgErI2dUU/s1600/welcome%2Bto%2Bthe%2Binternet%2Bi'll%2Bbe%2Byour%2Bguide.jpg

Can't understand, why the captaincy is being discussed, the poll outlined the majority of this forum totally behind Jamal Lascelles.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-po2g47UJEDI/VFFjZL5LabI/AAAAAAAAP2M/G_UgErI2dUU/s1600/welcome%2Bto%2Bthe%2Binternet%2Bi'll%2Bbe%2Byour%2Bguide.jpg

Wtf are all the cream eggs about? 😄

He's a bit try-hard for my tastes but I appreciate him all the same. At least he doesn't do too much point at teammates (Shelvey).

What does a bit try-hard mean to you and why does that go against the grain for you?

He's a bit try-hard for my tastes but I appreciate him all the same. At least he doesn't do too much point at teammates (Shelvey).

What does a bit try-hard mean to you and why does that go against the grain for you?

Just people who run around in a really obvious way trying to prove something to the fans. It's not necessarily a problem in Ritchie's case, maybe it's because I come from a football culture where 'getting stuck in' is praised far too much ahead of ability.

Like I say, sure he's sincere and I know he has talent as well, he's just not my favourite style player.

Just people who run around in a really obvious way trying to prove something to the fans. It's not necessarily a problem in Ritchie's case, maybe it's because I come from a football culture where 'getting stuck in' is praised far too much ahead of ability.

Like I say, sure he's sincere and I know he has talent as well, he's just not my favourite style player.

I know what you mean, basically the Steven Taylor type, but I think Ritchie's just one of those who really does never stop running and it's just his game, nothing to do with trying to impress the fans.

I knew that was a stupid post to make, it's a fairly personal thing I've noticed. Just like, more than is necessary and expending loads of energy not very efficiently. Probably don't like it because it was what Proper Football People did and I was never really one!

:okay:

Except unlike the majority of players with that style.  He has a load of class, ability and a great technique?  What an odd thing to have a problem with.  An attacking player, who scores and creates goals, but also works his arse off.  :idiot2:

He seems already to be head and shoulders over the rest of the squad in terms of dynamism and goal threat, I think however we need more than just him providing that to get promoted, unless Ayoze regains his confidence properly

He seems already to be head and shoulders over the rest of the squad in terms of dynamism and goal threat, I think however we need more than just him providing that to get promoted, unless Ayoze regains his confidence properly

If anything it's exposed the true level of some of our players who have big reputations. He's looked head and shoulders above any other midfielder.

Yeah I know, as I said Ritchie is sincere and also has talent. I don't have a problem with it, just something occurred to me. Carry on.

to me Ritchie looks likes an extremely hard working, self aware (intelligent in that he "gets it" like I said) and jumped at the opportunity to play for Rafa, this club in front of 52,000 fans, and of course make some more money in the process. He's exactly the type of footballer you want to see at this club IMO.