Matt Ritchie

Fenham Mag

Manchester is class, probably Liverpool too. Leeds is pretty average imo.

Went to Leeds on Sunday for the Rugby. Was quite impressed with the city centre.

You might be right actually, just googled it and it looks different to what I remember. Worked in a few Yorkshire cities and tend to get them mixed up.

Canterbury is a legit shithole.

Fuck off, is it.

Yeah that's utter bullshit.  Went there a month or so back and it's a really nice town.

:thup: It's one of the most well maintained places I've ever been to, on a par with touristy parts of London for how clean the city centre is.

Guest firetotheworks

Brighton, Canterbury are shitholes and yet others are impressed with Leeds City Centre, which could be just about any other UK City as it has zero character. :lol: You people.

Can't take Brighton City Centre seriously when it doesn't even have a proper department store FFS. Just a poxy little Debenhams.

Not to mention it's full of dope fuelled hippies thinking it's 1968, has little nightlife and is a clusterfuck of little lanes full of shit shops.

Can't take Brighton City Centre seriously when it doesn't even have a proper department store FFS. Just a poxy little Debenhams.

Not to mention it's full of dope fuelled hippies thinking it's 1968, has little nightlife and is a clusterfuck of little lanes full of shit shops.

How's the leadership race going Angela?

Brighton, Canterbury are shitholes and yet others are impressed with Leeds City Centre, which could be just about any other UK City as it has zero character. :lol: You people.

A city with "character" is just a nice way to say it's a shithole tbh, only that you like it. No shaming in liking shitholes though.

A city with "character" is just a nice way to say it's a shithole tbh, only that you like it. No shaming in liking shitholes though.

No its not, jesus. :lol: And Canterbury is far from a shithole, most Northern cities on the other hand are.

:thup: Leeds does absolutely nothing for me, which is a pity given my proximity to it. Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle are all far more interesting.

York's where it's at, like. Moved there in the new year and can't see me wanting to leave for a long time. Love it.

Guest firetotheworks

I take it you just completely ignored the lanes, the pavilion and the coastline when you were in and around Brighton then? :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

:thup: Leeds does absolutely nothing for me, which is a pity given my proximity to it. Manchester, Liverpool and Newcastle are all far more interesting.

York's where it's at, like. Moved there in the new year and can't see me wanting to leave for a long time. Love it.

York's fantastic, I'm not that big a fan of Manchester as everything's a bit all over the place and it's rainy, whereas Liverpool has that compactness to it that Newcastle has and it has more interesting buildings and history imo. But I'm completely with you on Leeds, it's not that it's bad, it's that nothing stands out and there's no focal point beyond Leeds Uni and the smell of hops. I'd probably only go back there now for the Royal Armories, which is fucking brilliant.

Why is it you think Ritchie's wife isn't desolated at the prospect of heading north? She'll reluctantly give up rubbing shoulders with the pensioners and blue rinse brigade of Bournemouth for the shopping meccas of the toon.

Canterbury is a legit shithole.

f*** off, is it.

Yeah that's utter bullshit.  Went there a month or so back and it's a really nice town.

Lived there for a number of years.  Small city, pleasant but dull.

No its not, jesus. :lol: And Canterbury is far from a shithole, most Northern cities on the other hand are.

It's not a north or south thing, most cities in general are shite tbh :lol:

Leeds is a fucking dump.  Best thing you could do for the (fake) north is lob a couple of Tridents at it.