Federico Fernández (now playing for Elche)

sempuki

What's farcical is that we wouldn't have even signed him had Lejeune stayed fit. Rafa's got a good eye for a defender, like. Him, Lejeune, Clark, Yedlin, even Hanley - all have been very solid purchases. Manquillo, Lazaar and Gamez all look like mistakes, granted, but that's bound to happen when you're working on a shoestring budget.

There's some players who never really take to playing for a football mad club like Newcastle, Jacob Murphy ( at the moment) is one that comes to mind. If ever there was one who seems to fit the bill perfectly it's Fernandez. He's a real blood and thunder type defender, even if he can play a bit. I bet he really loves it when he gets a big cheer for cleaning out a striker.

Did anyone see him bollock Joselu at the end for not closing Hart down quickly enough :lol:

Yeah I seen this as I was yelling 'close the cunt down ffs' much to the disgust of the girlfriend, then using Fernandez reaction as vindication for my outburst :)

Literally the best collective set of central defenders I can remember us having. Great competition.

Have to agree with this, it's just such a shame for all the defending we do or can do, we're unable to capitalise on it with such a comparatively toothless strike-force.

Federico is absolutely top notch.

Guest neesy111

Buying him for money? That's bizarre.

My goodness!  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shock as horrific poster doesn’t understand backdated context.

Vote Kaka 2018.

I thought the posts calling him this year's Joselu were ridiculous, but I didn't think he was this good. Think alot of it must be because the press were desperate to heap the praise on Williams and then Mawson because they were british.