Aleksandar Mitrović

Yaron

How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?  

268 members have voted

1. 1. How many goals will Mitro score for Fulham this season?

• 1-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-15
    • 16-20
    • 20+

Yeah, I understand, but it was still 11 goals man at what 23? In a team that mostly struggled.

Personally, I was surprised no one in the prem went for him after that season. He'd get more goals than Deeney at Watford, Calvert-Lewin at Everton or Callum Wislon at Bournemouth if you slotted him into any of those teams in my opinion.

The guy is really talented.

Couldn't disagree more. He wasn't winning headers, his positional play was shocking, his finishing was average and he was fairly slow during his time here.

I said he'd get more goals. His overall play is another thing entirely, and even then I feel that is underrated at this point.

All those strikers I mentioned play in much better teams than the Fulham team he scored 11 for a couple of seasons ago. They have all managed 11 goals or more only once in the last number of seasons.

I'd get more goals playing for Crystal Palace if I was their designated penalty taker. What's your point? Mitro is no better than a lot of average strikers in the prem (Glenn Murray, Danny Ings, Neal Maupay) and has been one of the best strikers in the championship over the last two seasons. I really don't get why we you go on about him like we've let a 20 year old Gabriel Batistuta slip through our grasp.

Hard to tell how far he’s improved since he left us given he’s spent 18 months in the Championship but he’s scored for fun there and did well for Fulham in the Premier League I felt.

If Fulham drop again he’ll have to move on though, should be hitting his prime soon.

Of course, if Fulham go down it'll be nowt to do with King Mitro :lol:

Yeah, I understand, but it was still 11 goals man at what 23? In a team that mostly struggled.

Personally, I was surprised no one in the prem went for him after that season. He'd get more goals than Deeney at Watford, Calvert-Lewin at Everton or Callum Wislon at Bournemouth if you slotted him into any of those teams in my opinion.

The guy is really talented.

Couldn't disagree more. He wasn't winning headers, his positional play was shocking, his finishing was average and he was fairly slow during his time here.

I said he'd get more goals. His overall play is another thing entirely, and even then I feel that is underrated at this point.

All those strikers I mentioned play in much better teams than the Fulham team he scored 11 for a couple of seasons ago. They have all managed 11 goals or more only once in the last number of seasons.

I'd get more goals playing for Crystal Palace if I was their designated penalty taker. What's your point? Mitro is no better than a lot of average strikers in the prem (Glenn Murray, Danny Ings, Neal Maupay) and has been one of the best strikers in the championship over the last two seasons. I really don't get why we you go on about him like we've let a 20 year old Gabriel Batistuta slip through our grasp.

I said he's a productive prem player. No idea why Batistuta is being mentioned.

You're going on like he's a useless lump. He isn't.

But he managed 10 up until then in an ordinary team, which is some feat :lol:

From what I recall Fulham really fell off later in the season after starting off okay.

Give that man some respect and credit man. My goodness.

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Banging them in again in the Championship.  15 league goals already this season, top scorer and ahead of 2nd place by 5. 

Him and teemu pukki up top for us next year

4 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Bit like Gayle, unplayable in the Championship, ineffective in the Prem. He's the Norwich city of strikers. 

He’s never played for a decent team in the PL tbf. Would be interested to see how he’d get on with a team not battling relegation under a crap manager.

Think he just needs to be in the right team. In a team that doesn't need him to press really aggressively defensively, and which creates chances for him consistently, with a good number of crosses coming in, I think he'd get goals in the prem.

When he was with us we sat deep all game and didn't create chances. At Fulham in the prem Parker had the team passing the ball around and wanted someone more mobile upfront, and I think also wanted a striker that pressed more.

Could he do a job in Brentford's current setup for example, playing the role Toney does?

Edited by KaKa

2 hours ago, Menace said:

We did well to get £27M for him. Looks fucking wank in the prem.

Did we get 27m for him? He's scored well everywhere he has been to be honest. He has always been in a relegation battle in the PL and still got a reasonable haul of goals or in the championship. 

This season he is rinsing it. I hope he does well in his career and I expect he will.

2 hours ago, Karjala said:

Championship:

Gayle: 59 in 100

Mistro: 57 in 96

Premiership:

Gayle 26 in 139 

Mitro 24 in 104

Both Championship players.

I'd probably argue Mitro can hold the ball up better than Gayle, and Gayle goes more anonymous throughout 90 mins. But stats are hard to ignore, they are very much the same which is great at one level, not good enough at the other.