Rafa Benítez (unemployed)

Greg

Would you have Rafa back?   

463 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have Rafa back?

• Yes, as manager, immediately
    • Yes, as manager, but at some point in the future (eg if relegated)
    • Yes, in an advisory or DoF role
    • No, not in any meaningful capacity

This poll is closed to new votes

Worth remembering the closer his contract comes to a close the more the pressure ramps up on the dickheads in charge and the stronger Rafa's hand is. Assuming this season doesn't go tits up.

:thup:  think back to the scenes vs. spurs when we were relegated, if they've not convinced/conned him into signing an extension by the end of the season it'll be fucking bedlam

It won't be bedlam at all. If Rafa did get "conned" into signing a new deal then he now knows exactly he is signing up for more of. If he did then he is not much better than them.

All that matters is getting Ashley out. Nothing else. Rafa been here strengthens Ashley's position.

Oh shut up

:thup:

Someone said earlier to take a breather, man. Get yourself together.

We all see the dire situation this club is in with this Hutt owner. But to turn on Rafa over that trite statement seems utterly absurd. By staying on this season and honoring his contract, Rafa is also likely considering the players and the supporters. It is in no way cowardice for him to do that.

Not sure who to side with here like. Rafa Benitez, notoriously one of the most fiercely political managers in the game, or Tubestationatmidnight off Newcastle Online. Time will tell I guess.

:lol: :lol: Brilliant

:spit:

it is a good song like, although in it his wife is waiting at home having cooked a curry for him and set the table, bit odd after midnight if you ask me.

one of Wellers best imo- tho its a takeaway curry.

Not sure who to side with here like. Rafa Benitez, notoriously one of the most fiercely political managers in the game, or Tubestationatmidnight off Newcastle Online. Time will tell I guess.

Gordy Deen for me, Clive.

it is a good song like, although in it his wife is waiting at home having cooked a curry for him and set the table, bit odd after midnight if you ask me.

You're right of course been a while and memory warped. Makes more sense I suppose.

Canny funny how you're going on like everyone else is blind to something, when it's actually you that can't see that it would be outright stupidity if Rafa came out and outright said he was leaving at the end of what's going to be a difficult season, that would be even more difficult with everyone knowing he's definitely not staying.

I get that. What is there to lose though? I'm at the point staying up means Ashley wins and going down might help me the start of getting rid of him

People have been saying on here it would be better if we go down pretty much every season since the last year of souness' time here.

Might just be me but I can't see what is to be gained by perpetually wishing for relegation.

It's shit at the moment, ashley is locked in a destructive power play with Rafa and doesn't seem to have any long term ambitions for the club, but what your essentially asking us for is to do a Sunderland, and even if it forces Ashley out I'm not sure we would be in a better situation.

The lower down we are also increases the chance any sale is to another complete chancer who doesn't have what it takes and just wants us because we're a big name for that level to make them feel important.

I also don't want my club in League 1. There's no guarantee it helps anyway, but there's a guarantee it definitely hurts.

Also, two relegations haven't gotten rid of him. What's to say a third necessarily will, especially if we pop back up?

My feeling is that should we go down in the next 3 years, whatever chancer is brought in as manager (as relegation in the next 3 years surely means Rafa is not here) will probably be of the ilk of Bruce, Sherwood etc. Ashley will then "loan" the club cash for a promotion push and the mong as manager will be better than most in the Championship and with that "loan" as transfer funding, we go up and the cycle starts again.

Rafa did his part in pre season with his comments clearly outlining his views on the ridiculous transfer policy.

However, the guy wants to be a winner and any negative narrative may impact the team so he'll crack on now.

Over to us to take up the mantle in our own way!

You're right of course been a while and memory warped. Makes more sense I suppose.

Great song. Tony Blackburn refused to play it on the radio at the time as it was “too violent”.

Probably my favourite Jam song. The lyrics are outstanding.

“They smelt of pubs, and Wormwood Scrubs and too many right wing meetings”

Great song. Tony Blackburn refused to play it on the radio at the time as it was “too violent”.

Probably my favourite Jam song. The lyrics are outstanding.

“They smelt of pubs, and Wormwood Scrubs and too many right wing meetings”

aye, wasn't it based on a real experience of mod Weller getting beaten up by skinheads?