Sean Longstaff

xLiaaamx

Of course the young lad gets hurt and Snodgrass continues clogging on

Are you saying that you think Snodgrass injured Sean on purpose ?

No, I'm saying in a 50/50 challenge the young local lad* who plays for Newcastle gets hurt, loses momentum in his breakthrough season, and the elder midfielder who plays for a club I couldn't care about continues on.

*who happens to be nominated for PL player of month, getting looks for England, scored his first PL goal at home match prior, was bossing matches, etc.

Might just be a blessing, he will come back stronger.  O0

This can never be classed as a blessing like

Maybe wrong choice of word but burn out quickly could have happened, he will comeback 1st game of season strong and hungry.

He only came into the team in January and he's 21, I doubt any kind of burn out would have occurred, I imagine he'll have just got stronger.

Hopefully he will make a speedy recovery and that will be that, we've got some decent options still in the middle even though I don't really care much for Shelvey, but we know Diame and Ki are more than capable especially with Almiron coming into the fold and taking the pressure off.

Hopefully he'll be back raring to go for pre-season and even stronger for the start of next season.

He's been key to making the formation work.  Wonder if Rafa will change the formation now as for me Diame isn't a like for like - gutting

Wouldn't say I agree with that. He's just been the fairly typical centre-mid all-rounder you see in virtually all formations. He'll be a loss, because he's played well, but probably the most 'expendable' cos we've got natural replacements of a similar standard. Ki's the most obvious but it'll probably be Diame, which is fine, cos there'll be a physical scrap in the middle today.

Gonna be tough, everyone will have to be on their game.

Guest reefatoon

Probably Rice would have shaded it this time, early days though. Henderson, Dier and Delph are all fairly pointless.

Totally agree with that.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest chopey

His emergence is the only redeeming thing in another miserable shit fight of a wasted season, and if we hadn't had injuries I'm not sure Rafa would have ever picked him.

Aye, we exist as a team to purely survive in the league, I will not pay £600 for the privilege anymore, which means the Liverpool game is my last for a long time.