Jeff Hendrick (on loan at Sheffield Wednesday)

gdm

I don't know what he's offering to the team. He's poor on the ball, and doesn't seem to take responsibility for making anything happen. If he was good at defending I wouldn't mind so much, but although he gets into position, he doesn't put his opponent under any pressure and stays too far off.

There doesn't seem to be any conviction behind what he's doing. It's like he's so afraid of making a mistake, he never really imposes himself.

There was an incident at West Ham which sums up all my frustration with him. He'd got himself into a good attacking position in the final third, and Shelvey threaded a ball through to him. No opponent was near him, but he just banged the ball straight back to Shelvey.

To be fair, though, that's our whole midfield and defence.

He's got a some good qualities like positioning, work rate, a decent footballing brain. But he seems to have really poor technique and makes a lot of skill errors - and I don't know if that can be just because he's out of position

He's alright. Never going to be that 8 or 9 out of 10 player we'd all like, but he'll rarely play at Colback levels of shite. Said it when he signed, he's a decent addition to the squad - but if we're relying on him to be in our first team for the next 3/4 years we're going to struggle.

He was decent for the RoI in the last 2 games. Box to box.

As a side note, the new manager there Stephen Kenny, I think he could be the real deal. He’s got us playing patient possession football in the space of 2/3 games, with a couple of decent quality PL players and mostly championship fodder.

As a side note, the new manager there Stephen Kenny, I think he could be the real deal. He’s got us playing patient possession football in the space of 2/3 games, with a couple of decent quality PL players and mostly championship fodder.

divn't be daft, man. dont you know even the best coaches need at least 18 months to change the way a team plays.

divn't be daft, man. dont you know even the best coaches need at least 18 months to change the way a team plays.

I know! What is this witchcraft?!