The Takeover Prediction Thread

Minhosa
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Initial (public) rejection by the end of next week and quick (in comparison) successful appeal.

That crossed my mind too, mentioned it in the opening post. I could see that happening too.

No question, the PL need to have a rock solid legal basis whatever they decide because they're gonna face a backlash and subsequent legal appeals either way.

Indeed, which is why I think it will go on quite a bit longer. They're going to be in no rush for that reason, despite any pressure that may be applied by any of the involved parties.

In a strange way, the longer it goes on the more likely it is. I believe if it's no it will come sooner as there's probably slightly less to prepare for in terms of backlash, but if yes, they will be in communication with PIF etc. of what the roadmap is to weather the storm before any announcement - which will take time to get right and have checked and checked again for any holes.

I think they'll drag it on to the point where the PIF pulls out in an attempt to save face.

Based on absolutely nothing.

Me too and I think this will happen shortly after the end of the season.

Initial (public) rejection by the end of next week and quick (in comparison) successful appeal.

That crossed my mind too, mentioned it in the opening post. I could see that happening too.

No question, the PL need to have a rock solid legal basis whatever they decide because they're gonna face a backlash and subsequent legal appeals either way.

Legal basis, but not necessary solid imo. The test is essentially an internal procedure of an independent organisation. It'll be up to KSA's lawyers to challenge their findings, which should be straightforward, although there is no explicit appeal procedure iirc.

I just expect the PL to do everything to keep their key partners BeIN happy.

Guest Carrick18

Legal basis, but not necessary solid imo. The test is essentially an internal procedure of an independent organisation. It'll be up to KSA's lawyers to challenge their findings, which should be straightforward, although there is no explicit appeal procedure iirc.

I just expect the PL to do everything to keep their key partners BeIN happy.

To what end though?

BeIN are a sports network. They've said they won't bid for rights, but that's not in their self-interest. We're not talking about rugby here, we're talking about the biggest league (in terms of interest) globally. The idea they'd just give that up is crazy. If anything, they want to keep Saudi happy as they will bid for the rights and before you know it you have an auction on your hands.

Why not just have a thread full of videos of forum members just mashing their heads against keyboards? Will add the same value.

You're welcome to start it. My keyboard is expensive though so I won't be taking part.

Luckily mine was a free gift when I bought BeoutQ

Why not just have a thread full of videos of forum members just mashing their heads against keyboards? Will add the same value.

You're welcome to start it. My keyboard is expensive though so I won't be taking part.

Got a referral link like?

Got a referral link like?

I did but they took them all down yesterday, ‘elf and safety gone mad. I’ve heard - rumour only mind - that if you stand in front of a mirror and say “MBS” three times, you’ll never experience the frustration of a buffering stream again

I've changed my mind and voted no. Was convinced it was done and dusted, but the amount of heel dragging has made me suspicious, and so I voted no, but after fucking us about for another month or two. I mean why not just let it stew for a bit longer, they've been doing it for 3 months now anyway.