Die Bundesliga

Paully

I've "been" Dortmund since their '97 CL run. By that I mean JJB down the Team Valley had their neon yellow shirts and shorts, which me mam bought me (and I've since re-bought in an adult size).

I did that flowchart and got Gladbach. I've been to watch Hertha. Can't say I'm overly fussed.  :lol:

I also have a Hansa Rostock top for reasons I cba to explain. But they're in the Bundesliga 3 and I've since found out they're right-wing. So nah.

EDIT: Also realised I got a pair of Werder Bremen shorts on the cheap from ClassicFootballShirts for the gym.  :lol:

Can't wait to see what it's like watching football in an empty stadium. I reckon you'll get used to it if the UFC is anything to go by. You lose something obviously, but it's still very watchable.

Watched a Champions League game behind closed doors just before the lockdown. Valencia v Atalanta I think it was. End to end loads of goals (think it finished 3-4) yet it was awful to watch.

I watched one of the last as well, think it was Inter Juve? Turned it off at HT it was painful.

Can't wait to see what it's like watching football in an empty stadium. I reckon you'll get used to it if the UFC is anything to go by. You lose something obviously, but it's still very watchable.

Watched a Champions League game behind closed doors just before the lockdown. Valencia v Atalanta I think it was. End to end loads of goals (think it finished 3-4) yet it was awful to watch.

I watched one of the last as well, think it was Inter Juve? Turned it off at HT it was painful.

Yeah I tried to watch that one as well but gave up after about 10 mins.

Don’t have a German sympathy as such. Quite a few I don’t mind.

Dortmund have the main appeal and mystique in a Liverpool way.

Gladbach have history, good colours and the city links with the NE

Schalke in the city linked with Newcastle and always seem a semi basket case in matching achievement with size of club.

Went to see FC Koln (effzeh as they call themselves) in December which was canny.

(Even if they are all regional rivals)

Been to Hertha before too but stadium aside they’re a bit meh.

BvB here as well. Have been following them for a few years now after ramping up my Bundesliga viewing. Initially picked them because a good friend is a long time Bayern fan and just wanted the banter. Have stuck with them because of their approach to bringing youth players through and their tendency to just fucking go for it on the offensive end. Like the way the Club seems to be run too, though I'm sure there's probably plenty of minutiae that I'm not aware of, but I've consciously decided to have just a "fun" (imagine that!) experience with the Bundesliga, rather than opening myself up to any more sports-related suffering.

Anywho, been watching more Bundesliga than anything else for the last several years. In the US, FS1 and FS2 (Fox Sports 1 and 2) have been showing lots of games so I'm able to see quite a bit each Matchday - even more than the Prem. Hoping that they truly due have the safety angle covered and, if there's a glimmer that they don't, that they shut it down for the year.

Guest chopey

Can't believe any Newcastle fan over the past 30 years that followed that map don't automatically go to FC Ausburg

Are you interested in winning........................No

Does losing valiantly give you pride...............Yes

Do you wear socks with your sandals.............no

FC Ausburg