Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

Both games he played a vital role in our win, he's been giving it his all and we should all get behind him, don't understand the negativity towards him from some people here.

Much better than Joelinton at any rate.

I can't help but like him. Surprised he's been available as often as he has to be honest. Think there's still a use for him but not if you're playing 541. Need to get someone near him, preferably 2 or 3 near him. I liked the way Longstaff and Hayden did that late on today.

did well today. slowly but surely getting up to match fitness. much cleverer player than people give him credit for. also he's a leader and very vocal.

in an ideal world he'd be no where near our club, but in the current circumstances he's a great option off the bench.

what gayle and muto must be thinking watching joelinton though...

He should be starting every game from here on in. The way we play now we need a big man up front who will battle and scrap for every high ball, and he is much better suited to this style of football than Joelinton. It's a worry that we have reached December and he's only started one game. That is the reason why people are still sceptical. If he can get a few starts in a row then fans will be more confident the deal wasn't just a safety clause to keep us in the premier.

It was weird watching him in the flesh on Thursday in actually starting a game. He really has no mobility whatsoever these days. I know he's never really been a speed merchant but he could certainly get around the pitch back in the day and cause havoc. He must have treated his body appallingly over the last 9 years or so.

When we didn't have the ball his pressing was simply non-existent and this is a major issue with starting him. The benefit in him being on comes from him doing something from long balls, but it's very rudimentary and you have to have some more mobility around him if you do so.

It was weird watching him in the flesh on Thursday in actually starting a game. He really has no mobility whatsoever these days. I know he's never really been a speed merchant but he could certainly get around the pitch back in the day and cause havoc. He must have treated his body appallingly over the last 9 years or so.

When we didn't have the ball his pressing was simply non-existent and this is a major issue with starting him. The benefit in him being on comes from him doing something from long balls, but it's very rudimentary and you have to have some more mobility around him if you do so.

This move has been great for him in that regard, he's with a manager who probably thinks that pressing the opposition is just some new fangled dictionary speak. Apparently Carroll rang Bruce asking for the chance to come home, that means he was already a mate who had swapped phone numbers. I wish the lad nothing but good luck, but will be amaze if he can ever be the player he was, or even anything close.

• 2 weeks later...