Joelinton

Stifler

Playing injured apparently according to Bruce. Had to play him at Everton because there were no strikers on the bench. Yet also suggesting we wont need a striker as Carroll, Gaye, Muto might be fit after the Norwich game when we have a two week break.

Regardless Joelinton is like it or not our best striker. Hopefully he gets a rest at the weekend.

Playing injured apparently according to Bruce. Had to play him at Everton because there were no strikers on the bench. Yet also suggesting we wont need a striker as Carroll, Gaye, Muto might be fit after the Norwich game when we have a two week break.

Regardless Joelinton is like it or not our best striker. Hopefully he gets a rest at the weekend.

I'm not sure about him being our best striker like... He's our most likely striker to be fit, that's about as high praise as I can give him.

He's not a no.9 and he's certainly not a target man yet we persist in trying to play him like one.  If we insist on playing hoof-it-at-the-strikers-head-and-hope-it-bounces-somewhere-useful-ball then play Carroll up top and rotate Almiron, ASM and Joelinton around him.

I'm not sure about him being our best striker like... He's our most likely striker to be fit, that's about as high praise as I can give him.

Pretty fair.

Still have a feeling there could be a player in there, his all round game is good in my opinion. I know not everyone is going to see it, but I like his touch and how he looks to play in those around him. The main concern is still that he doesn't seem to strike the ball very well.

I agree with this completely. You'd have to think the striking issue will solve itself if they find a role for him and he gets some confidence back.  Needs to play as a false 9 imo.

We could play with an 80 million striker and we still wouldn’t score. We create fuck all.

He had an absolutely golden chance, clear shot at goal from ten yards out in the middle of the box, the ball not an especially awkward height - and he put it into the middle tier of the Gallowgate. I haven't watched as much as some this season but, based on everything I've seen, I can think of very few strikers we've had over the last couple of decades with less composure and instinct than Joelinton. For all the comparisons he doesn't get anywhere near Shola.

We could play with an 80 million striker and we still wouldn’t score. We create fuck all.

He had an absolutely golden chance, clear shot at goal from ten yards out in the middle of the box, the ball not an especially awkward height - and he put it into the middle tier of the Gallowgate. I haven't watched as much as some this season but, based on everything I've seen, I can think of very few strikers we've had over the last couple of decades with less composure and instinct than Joelinton. For all the comparisons he doesn't get anywhere near Shola.

Plenty of great strikers miss guilt edged chances.

They get opportunities to score again continuously though, and improve.

This poor lump of ours is on a hiding to nothing though.

I pity him. Sorry situation all around.

Some people want him to do well so badly they can't have anything bad said about him.

Do we play great attacking football and create chance after chance for him? No. Would a better striker have scored a few more goals by now? Yes.

The 2 aren't mutually exclusive. Put Rondon in his place, and he'd have scored more headers than Joelinton has goals in total. Put Demba Ba up there and he'd be able to make his own chances as he did under Pardew.

People need to chill out and just enjoy the comedy value of this lad for the minute.

Some people want him to do well so badly they can't have anything bad said about him.

Do we play great attacking football and create chance after chance for him? No. Would a better striker have scored a few more goals by now? Yes.

The 2 aren't mutually exclusive. Put Rondon in his place, and he'd have scored more headers than Joelinton has goals in total. Put Demba Ba up there and he'd be able to make his own chances as he did under Pardew.

People need to chill out and just enjoy the comedy value of this lad for the minute.

Oh I don't mind at all :lol:

The guy is a disaster at the minute, but is he as bad as he looks currently I'm not so sure at all.

The whole operation is laughable.

I watch Solanke not manage to score in that Bournmouth team that for all it's defensive frailties, still get forward and threaten up the pitch and I think that it is easier to evaluate him as a striker in that situation. Just to use an example really.

Oh I don't mind at all :lol:

The guy is a disaster at the minute, but is he as bad as he looks currently I'm not so sure at all.

The whole operation is laughable.

I watch Solanke not manage to score in that Bournmouth team that for all it's defensive frailties, still get forward and threaten up the pitch and I think that it is easier to evaluate him as a striker in that situation. Just to use an example really.

Oh I do agree he's not as bad as he looks, I'm just enjoying the hilarity of it for as long as it cares to last.  :lol:

Muto or Gayle would almost certainly have scored more than 2 goals if they'd had as many starts as Joelinton.

Hopefully one of our other strikers will recover from injury so Joelinton can get taken out of the side.

Yep, Gayle would be in the right positions to score where Joelinton isn't. He might need 10 chances to score a tap in, but he'd have more than 2 by now without a doubt.

Muto or Gayle would almost certainly have scored more than 2 goals if they'd had as many starts as Joelinton.

Hopefully one of our other strikers will recover from injury so Joelinton can get taken out of the side.

Muto wasn't even considered when he was fit, presumably because he's not a 6 footer. Joelinton has started far too many games, partly poor selection, and partly spending money on crocks.

Joelinton isn't the main problem, the main problem is Bruce and the lack of support and chances Joelinton gets.

He was decent today.

He wasn’t like. That’s a third division defence he’s playing against and they did him for offsides and he missed a strikers goal chance.

He’s not a target man.

If he had buried that chance or been onside for either goal, I'd have said it was an excellent performance

He held the ball up well and often pushed us further up the field.

However, he didnt score and strikers have to score. Even if it's just 10 a season, they must get double figures and Joelinton just cant.

Even our defenders can get them going in off their arse.