Kenedy

Scottish Mag

Kenedy is a good player who simply didn't manage to get going this season after his bad form early on. I certainly don't think he's as bad as had been made out at times; he was expectional for us last year however for £30m, £20m or even £15m - our money can be spent elsewhere on the squad where it's really needed.

He's played 86 minutes of first team football since Christmas despite, to my knowledge, being available the whole time. Rafa clearly has no faith in him, and based on his performances that is warranted. They'll never get anything close to £30m for him from anyone.

I agree, I wouldn't even give £3m. No point if he's not being used anyway.

But what's the point if he's not being used anyway? :lol: He got lots of time on the pitch first half of the season but is rarely even included in the squad these days. That wouldn't change no matter how much or little he costs. Use it on someone else instead.

This is a good example of why I'm not nearly as against loans as so many seem to be. Could've spunked £20m down the drain on this guy.

You say that as if the reason for the loan is to test him out and then pay the going rate if we like him.

He's never recovered from that Cardiff display, as he was class at home to Spurs first game of the season. Real shame, but he's only 23. Still think there's a good player there but certainly wouldn't spend bloody £30m on him. Christ.

Maybe defenders sussed him out? Been a while since we saw him but seem to recall he cut inside every time and rarely went down the line. Became very predictable. The tricks came off for him at first but in a pragmatic side I don't think Rafa can afford a player who has few attributes and that usually loses the ball or plays it backwards when the full back shows him down the line. Might do better in a side that can make him the main outlet but he doesn't look good enough to justify that.