Dogawful Officiating

Guest YANKEEBLEEDSMAGPIE

People need to get over Monday night. It was a minimum of 4 minutes stoppage time and the fact we conceded the goal was not down to the referee. The cross could have been stopped, Boly's run could have been checked by a defender and the goalkeeper could have done better. Blaming the ref just sounds like sour grapes. you play until the final whistle.

Are we also to ignore the blatant foul on the keeper then?

People need to get over Monday night. It was a minimum of 4 minutes stoppage time and the fact we conceded the goal was not down to the referee. The cross could have been stopped, Boly's run could have been checked by a defender and the goalkeeper could have done better. Blaming the ref just sounds like sour grapes. you play until the final whistle.

it wasn't a foul. it was bad goalkeeping.

it wasn't a foul. it was bad goalkeeping.

hands across a goalkeepers face impeding his vision and then on his shoulders right as he's about to make a catch is a pretty clear foul

We need to get over this obsession with referees, I mean football fans and pundits in general. They make a decision the best they can, that’s it IMO. Just get on with it.

Aye I don't think any ref goes onto the pitch consciously favouring one team over the other. Even with the match the other night, yeah we were hard done by but I'd much rather talk about the football side of things than still be complaining about a bad decision 48 hours later

i agree, refs don't go on the pitch favouring one team or the other, but evidence is pretty fucking damning in terms of decisions going one way or the other, and we've been fucked over enough to feel like it smells fishy

• 2 weeks later...

Kevin Friend is our friend. Always seems to be appointed to ref our games when we need to win. He's been so good to us IIRC it's almost as if he's on our side. Not that he was unfair on Huddersfield today at all. Thought he had a good game. Had a bet that shithouse Hogg would be the first player to see red against us but can't complain.