Andy Carroll (now playing for Amiens SC)

Rich

He's changed my mind and think he has justified a contract extension no matter who owns, manages and plays for the club next season. I think he's a good addition to the team. He's a senior player in a relatively young squad, knows the club and the people within it well. As far as I can see he is a good communicator on the pitch and assume he is the same in training as well, and he's a good option to have on the bench - look at the way he took down the ball, controlled it, looked up and passed the ball to Gayle against Villa - excellent play!

I wouldn't go that far. While I could see the logic in signing him for a side who's only ambition is to survive, I would like to think if we are taken over we'll be bringing in better standards, and better players similar to Man U and Chelsea. Not sure I see the point in having him here unless it's a goodwill thing, and he's showing more maturity to be an example for younger players.

If we are taken over, he's extremely low-risk. Very low wages compared to what we'll be able to afford.

The worst damage he could do would be to take up a squad place for six months, which I don't think is a bad thing. As you say, he gets what the club is about and he is a known quantity. You know he can influence games (when fit) and when you sign someone, no matter how good, how they'll perform for your club is still unknown.

I would have zero issues with a one year extension takeover or not, even though we'd clearly be fishing in a much bigger pond of talent if we were to be taken over.

He's changed my mind and think he has justified a contract extension no matter who owns, manages and plays for the club next season. I think he's a good addition to the team. He's a senior player in a relatively young squad, knows the club and the people within it well. As far as I can see he is a good communicator on the pitch and assume he is the same in training as well, and he's a good option to have on the bench - look at the way he took down the ball, controlled it, looked up and passed the ball to Gayle against Villa - excellent play!

I wouldn't go that far. While I could see the logic in signing him for a side who's only ambition is to survive, I would like to think if we are taken over we'll be bringing in better standards, and better players similar to Man U and Chelsea. Not sure I see the point in having him here unless it's a goodwill thing, and he's showing more maturity to be an example for younger players.

If we are taken over, he's extremely low-risk. Very low wages compared to what we'll be able to afford.

The worst damage he could do would be to take up a squad place for six months, which I don't think is a bad thing. As you say, he gets what the club is about and he is a known quantity. You know he can influence games (when fit) and when you sign someone, no matter how good, how they'll perform for your club is still unknown.

I would have zero issues with a one year extension takeover or not, even though we'd clearly be fishing in a much bigger pond of talent if we were to be taken over.

Do we actually know if he's settled down and providing a role model figure for younger players these days? I'm assuming he's not getting hammered like in the old days with his mate Kevin Nolan.

Not bothered. For all we know he could have accepted a lower wage or a similar incentive based deal. If we get taken over, we'll be signing more players or hell, AC could get sold or released.

Bruce getting his boys sorted before they can be axed tbh.

He did look good yesterday but given the amount of games he can play per season that is probably 3/4 decent performances a season. Dressing room impact must be immense.

Random player "But gaffer, what are the tactics?"

*Andy Carroll stands up and stares*

Random player "Right you are gaffer"

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...